• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will PB escape the Ronald axe

• No i think he will turn things around.

Votes: 118 73.8%
  • Yes if we dont improve in the next few games

Votes: 42 26.3%

• Total voters

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Simple question with this monumental collapse in form will PB fall foul of Ronalds impatience?

I think if we lose the next two then he will be dismissed. Sturrock was dismissed for less.

Big concern to RM would be the relationship and scope that PB has with the media.

If sacked then I am sure that PB won't be backwoods in coming forward with his thoughts and that could be very embarrassing for RM!

Ron said last season that Phil Brown was bought in last season so that the team (would hit the ground running ) this season , so why wont Ron bring someone in before the end of the season again .

Not sure the poll question seems to make sense.......I don't think Ron will sack him, but I think he might walk if we don't get promotion.

No I don't. My sense is that Ron won't sack him and where PB go from here? He remember I suspect what it felt like to be out of work and I don't think he liked it. I hope he is here for the long term and that we will see Championship football and a new stadium during his tenure. I think that is distinctly possible now as long as everybody is patient and that failing to get promoted THIS year is not seen as anything other than a huge disappointment. Clearly however, with I trust a Scunthorpe/ Chesterfield scale investment in players in the summer, promotion next year would be the minimum he would need to deliver.

This question is back to front.

Will PB escape the Ronald axe ?

No he won't escape - I think he will turn things around.
Yes he will escape - if we don't improve in the next few games

The question doesn't make sense but i have faith in him to turn it around but he needs to improve his tactical decisions first e.g. Team line-ups and substitutions.

I hope not. I didn't want Sturrock gone, and don't like the idea of constantly swapping the manager. If he does go, I'd favour an internal appointment.

I hope not. I didn't want Sturrock gone, and don't like the idea of constantly swapping the manager. If he does go, I'd favour an internal appointment.
Internal appointment , how about Thomas Brooks from the club shop .

why are we in this [position yet again this time in the season . Is it Phil brown promotes football across the grass and the pitches like yesterday are no good for slick passing football .Or maybe the answer is more closer to home than that . It could well have to do with the constant EMBARGO .The squad isnt big enough we dont have the strength in depth that most of the other teams at the top have . So P B is limited as to who he can call on and I know the embargo has been lifted many months to late to have any effect .But lets just hope we can go on a late burst and stay in the playoffs places .

No, I don't think Ron will axe Brown this year regardless of our end of season form - and I certainly hope he doesn't.

I'd axe him for being on a TV show when he's not won a game in weeks and he's got another in less than 72 hours.

I'd axe him for being on a TV show when he's not won a game in weeks and he's got another in less than 72 hours.

Really? The players all have Sunday's off. What difference does his media work make? It's not changed since our good form earlier in the season. A total red-herring, IMO.

Brown is the man for the job. Heavy uneven pitches have ruined his style of play. Yes we haven't won for a while, yes we are being caught, yes it's frustrating,yes we want better, yes our strike force is poor, yes he picks the same team.
lets all remember our strikers left during the close season and he has got our squad organised and playing a passing game that is better than the kick and rush of old.
I am sure as the weather improves so will we. Keep the faith !
I am reminded to alert everyone that this is my opinion and every can have there's. Just not to my face ! :angel:

He is the man for the job but should be minimising his media work at the mo given our predicament. Unless of course he has it in his contract that the club can't interfere in which case it's also bad judgement on his part.

Simple question with this monumental collapse in form will PB fall foul of Ronalds impatience?

I think if we lose the next two then he will be dismissed. Sturrock was dismissed for less.

Sturrock wasn't in the play-off places when he was axed.After the mid-table predictions in the summer I think being 7th at this stage would be deemed good. the team have to look at it as if they've gatecrashed the play-offs as opposed to letting a big lead slip

No he won't. Do you have anything interesting to say. You're almost (but not quite) as upbeat as mrsblue!!

Back