• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He's been Derby manager before and the fans hated him so think we're safe there!

Good thread Mrs b. I was asking the same question as soon as I heard Sheffield utd had binned clough. I think you can dismiss the championship clubs. However Sheffield United are looking....Brown has just got another promotion on his CV, national coverage, brown is high profile (like it or not) regular on the bbc and talk sport, could be a call from the blades coming. I know a few on here focus on his time at Preston but recent success will outshine that.

Interesting comment in this interview, around 1 minute 45 seconds in, in response to the interviewer's question about promotion via the play-offs vindicating PB's decision to come to Southend. He replies, yes to a certain extent, but it's not job done, he wants another promotion....

http://talksport.com/football/south...ss-gareth-ainsworth-after-dramatic-league-two

Think he's said he wants to emulate Tilson's managerial successes here. As to Newcastle? McClaren possibly? West Ham, not a hope. He's not a big enough name to suit their over inflated opinion of themselves!!!

Karl Robinson is top of Sheffield United shopping list
Phil Parkinson also heavily linked. Bradford poaching Brown would be a much bigger concern than any of the current vacancies.

Let me offer everyone another scenario, which may, or may not, appeal:

• Phillip signs a new contract for three years
  • Southend career up division 1 and are promoted first time out in the autos
  • Fossetts Farm backer is revealed and work starts on the ground, complete with 4 sides.
  • Southend win promotion to the Prem via the play-offs against West Ham. (relegated previous season) I'd just love that one!)
  • Phillip signs another two year contract but that's too far away to predict the outcome I'm afraid.

Now you could say this is rubbish, but If I had said to you two months ago that we would be losing in extra time at Wembley and we would equalise in the last seconds and win on penalties, well that would be unbelievable rubbish, don't happen to us, does it?

People have been saying for over 2 years now that Phil will be off the second a better job comes along. I get the opposite impression. He seems very settled living and managing Southend, and he clearly enjoys his job very much. He has also said in interviews that you have to choose your Chairman carefully - the lure of a big club means nothing if he cannot trust and rely on the backing from the Chairman. With Ron, they have a mutual respect and appears they get on very well. He has a secure job at Southend, and he has said the club is ambitious enough for him with tremendous potential to really go places and he wants to be the man to help do it.

I do think that he will be here for a while as the job is not complete yet - but that goes hand in hand with the new stadium. If the stadium fails to materialise after a year or two then it will be evident to Brown that it's time to move on, if he can no longer rely on the support or integrity of the Chairman.

• Fossetts Farm backer is revealed and work starts on the ground, complete with 4 sides.
  • Southend win promotion to the Prem via the play-offs against West Ham. (relegated previous season) I'd just love that one!)
  • Phillip signs another two year contract but that's too far away to predict the outcome I'm afraid.

Now you could say this is rubbish, but If I had said to you two months ago that we would be losing in extra time at Wembley and we would equalise in the last seconds and win on penalties, well that would be unbelievable rubbish, don't happen to us, does it?

Some might say that's pure fantasy - but then again, look at Bournemouth...

Oh and another thing...

is is it just me or have we become known as 'Phil Brown's Southend'? In the media

I like Phil, but with his egotistic personality he's become more famous than the blues? I hope he stays and brings future success but I fear he's ultimately looking at his own fortune rather than the clubs? This is in no way a naive comment rather an observational one

I'd say you've been smoking some pretty hardcore stuff ...

... and ask you to pass it round! :winking:

One up front at Wembley and that one could not score in a brothel v Stevenage.
If we had not won then not many on here would have wanted him to stay.
I still don't.

I still don't.

When we saw the team line up 30 minutes before KO we were stunned,not my kind of football but somehow he got us over the line.

Be happy we are out of horrid league 2.

I still don't.

3 goals in 6 games that one has scored against Stevenage for us (not including the 1st leg even though some websites have given it to him).

I still don't.

When we saw the team line up 30 minutes before KO we were stunned,not my kind of football but somehow he got us over the line.

Be happy we are out of horrid league 2.

Just because you keep saying it doesn't make it true. I think the majority on here would've wanted him to stay. As for the set-up, interesting that both Championship sides lined up yesterday for "the richest game in football" with 4-5-1's. Maybe these managers know what they're doing too.

No question, we need some more potency up front. But whatever you say, in any other season 84 points would've been enough. When it wasn't, Phil's approach, selections, substitutions, team spirit etc got us over the line in the Stevenage games and the Wembley Final. Thank God he was in charge and you two weren't!

:smile:

Back