• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Paul Sturrock has hinted on BBC Essex after the Bradford game that up to 3 or 4 players will be signed up in the January window.

I'm led to believe we're running right on the budget wage cap so as a result how many players can you see leaving to make way for them?

For me there may be one or two exits than we think.

Could it be Hall and Ferdinand have fallen off the pace because they know they won't be here for much longer?

Is Grant not in the starting line up because the Club know he'll be off too.?

These in addition to Crawford, Woodyard, Smith, stevens maybe departing. in which case these players won't free up enough wages to bring three or so proven players. Which is why I'm saying could as many as three key players may depart to get in the cash for proven new signings.

Oh. Then you have Mohsni's situation.

Should have been clearer. Luggy says 3 or 4 proven players to be brought in in January. The fringe players like Crawford, Woodyard, Stevens, Smith etc will not free up enough money to bring in those quality replacements. Maybe up to 3 or 4 key players could be flogged to rake in the extra cash for such reinforcements. Hall and Ferdinand off the pace could mean they are off soon? Grant not in starting line up could mean the Club knows he's off soon? (especially as he will not sigm another contract with us)? and then you have the situations regarding Mohsni and Johnson. January will be interesting to say the lleast.

No idea where to start but we desperately need some high calibre signings to sustain a promotion push. Boli is still available and Ricketts' deal at Shamrock has expired.....

Daniels will be going back, I reckon JJ will be gone, 2 or 3 of the youngsters, Asante/Crawford/Woodyard/Stevens etc

Other than that, I am not sure where we could afford to let players go. We only have Prosser/Mohnsi and Coughlan as Def back up, and we only have Sturrock/Mohsni as forward back up

Maybe if we have had an offer for Ferdinand? If we bring 3 or 4 in, some of them may be loans?

I wonder if Patterson can be offloaded as I think he will free up a lot more money for the squad. JJ will be off I am sure.

Daniels wont stay so there possibly three lots of money there. Cant see offloading a load of kids is going to help.

We need for my mind a few quality players. I think last nights performance showed that. When Hall is not doing well we can create anything. I think we need a winger and a forward more than anything.

Can't see Hall, Ferdinand or Grant leaving unless we get a very good offer. Mohsni might be off, but despite his talent, who would want someone with his track record for discipline.

Reckon that Pato will be off which should free up some wages, and that JJ will most likely be off.

We have quite a few youngsters, such as Bentley, Crawford, Nesbitt, Asante, James-Lewis, Woodyard, Stevens and Smith. Some of them are out on loan, and they should stay out on loan and wait until the end of the season to see if they have any future with the club or not. Out of them, reckon Crawford will definitely be off as he doesn't seem to get a look in.

Paul Sturrock has hinted on BBC Essex after the Bradford game that up to 3 or 4 players will be signed up in the January window.

I'm led to believe we're running right on the budget wage cap so as a result how many players can you see leaving to make way for them?

For me there may be one or two exits than we think.

Could it be Hall and Ferdinand have fallen off the pace because they know they won't be here for much longer?

Is Grant not in the starting line up because the Club know he'll be off too.?

These in addition to Crawford, Woodyard, Smith, stevens maybe departing. in which case these players won't free up enough wages to bring three or so proven players. Which is why I'm saying could as many as three key players may depart to get in the cash for proven new signings.

Oh. Then you have Mohsni's situation.

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

On this thread you're saying Hall and Ferdinand aren't giving their best because they think they'll be gone in January yet on another thread you say that they're not giving of their best because they're peeved that they've been told that they won't be going anywhere in January and are doing the stroppy act to force the issue.

You may, possibly, be correct in one assumption or the other, or, more likely, in neither and that they're just out of form/been sussed out but even you must see the total incompatability of trying to back both arguments at the same time. :omg:

I'd take your posts with a little smaller pinch of salt if you at least argued from a consistent viewpoint.

Cockle - look what i say on the Dear Clunimore thread. Take my posts with a pinch of salt? Read on that thread what I said and wasn't I proved right.

All this talk of offloading the useless players and the younger players like Paterson and Crawford, but who is actually going to buy them? We have been trying to offload Pato for what feels like forever! I'd guess JJ is gone, and if we get offered money for Ferdinand I'd take it, I'm starting to think Daniel's kicking is only slightly more effective than Gilbert so I'd be happy for him to go back (are we even paying his wages?) Grant doesn't feature in Sturrock's plans from what I can tell (although I suppose he could take advantage of our poor form to force his way in,) but again I don't know if we'd get any offers for Grant, didn't he want to go last year, but noone wanted him?

We all hate someone that is good ,cockle. Its the way of things in this country.

Cockle - look what i say on the Dear Clunimore thread. Take my posts with a pinch of salt? Read on that thread what I said and wasn't I proved right.

Perhaps pinch of salt was the wrong phrase.

I could give your argument more credence if the point was consistent, in the two threads it patently is not.

Its been said not just by me that Bilel was unhappy he wasn't allowed to move to Blackpool.

Maybe Ferdinand and Hall aren't perforning like there were because they are also peeved because they may have been told they are not going next month.

Surely you can't argue both standpoints at the same time?

We all hate someone that is good ,cockle. Its the way of things in this country.

I'm pleased to see you branching out into philosophy and current affairs.
The transfer talk can be a bit repetitive at times.

Back