• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will Saturday hurt?

I just want to see some performances that give back to those that have been so emotionally attached to this club for soo long and deserve better than the last few years. Bring it on I say and start to repair the damage that had been done to us all. Put that smile back on our faces because if you do you know we’ll follow you far and wide!!

There is plenty of away games to look forward to, lots of derbies around M25, especially Dag & Red, Bromley, Barnet, Woking, Wealdstone & Boreham etc especially we are capable of bringing 2k fans with us.

Seeing the football leagues back in action this Saturday without Southend in the mix has sort of brought it all back home again in terms of our (or lack of) footballing status.

Just wondering how others are feeling? Have you put last season into the past and accepted our fate? Looking forward to the season ahead with the excitement of being able to visit new grounds and to face new experiences our current predicament allows.

Or are you still finding it difficult to come to terms with no longer being part of the four professional leagues system and the finding the whole ordeal rather difficult?

As stated above it's the latter for me. Saying that I'll shine it on and what with being able to watch Southend from the terraces again I'm rather looking forward to seeing the mighty Shrimpers in the flesh again and lets hope the season to come will be one of only successes.

Yes. The ease in which we surrendered our league status will bother me for a long, long while yet.

Yes. The ease in which we surrendered our league status will bother me for a long, long while yet.
I agree..... we took it for granted thinking it wouldn't happen to us! Guess what it did. If that isn't a wake up call to Ron, I don't know what would be.

Going to be a very strange couple of weeks. I am definitely going to watch Stowmarket in their opening game on the 14th.They were promoted and now play in the Ryman North. Opening match Canvey Island at home.
Hmm, I might make it to that one...

Agreed. It hurt more being back in L2. Weirdly. Have always hated that feeling of getting relegated out of L1. Like you're back home from a great holiday and have to go back your ****ty job, put up with the terrible weather etc. That feeling is an absolute killer. This, right now, is uncharted territory. You know its appalling but can't help but be interested in what's going on.

Not really, for me this is my first season back as a season ticket holder for over 10 years. I haven’t been this excited for a season starting for a long time!

I hate it. I just think that last seasons relegation was so unnecessary. MM should have gone a month or two earlier than he did, it was obvious he had run out of ideas, and Ron should have sorted out the embargo straight away,
My fear is we don’t get promoted for a few years. Fossets will become a white elephant- who needs 20,000 seats in the NL? - RM changes the planning application to hundreds of houses and closes the club. Yep I’m a half empty glass at the moment.

Seeing the football leagues back in action this Saturday without Southend in the mix has sort of brought it all back home again in terms of our (or lack of) footballing status.

Just wondering how others are feeling? Have you put last season into the past and accepted our fate? Looking forward to the season ahead with the excitement of being able to visit new grounds and to face new experiences our current predicament allows.

Or are you still finding it difficult to come to terms with no longer being part of the four professional leagues system and the finding the whole ordeal rather difficult?

As stated above it's the latter for me. Saying that I'll shine it on and what with being able to watch Southend from the terraces again I'm rather looking forward to seeing the mighty Shrimpers in the flesh again and lets hope the season to come will be one of only successes.
Definitely this for me. What is the point in being bitter and looking back at all the problems? I'm looking forward and hoping we can make a good start to the season in the National league. COYB.

I would like to be upbeat and take an ironic hipster view of this season but the reality is probably closer to Patsy Kensit finding herself in Emmerdale a few years after appearing in Lethal Weapon 2.

I just hope with hard work on the pitch we can progress to a metaphorical guest presenter slot on Loose Women or recurring role in Holby City.

Personally I am easy. We play who we play. In a previous existence I watched Watford go from Div 4 to the old Div 1, we had fun along the way and I have no doubt that Southend will provide fun as well as pain along the way. Was Div 1 really much more fun that Div 4? Dunno. When the teams run over that white line, does it really matter who we are playing? Not to me anyway.

I’ve always felt that when you get to non-league the fans must be really committed and proper football people. I’d prefer to play higher up but will enjoy being part of it while it lasts and hopefully we see a winning blues side more often and promotion sooner rather than later.

Back