• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will Saturday hurt?

As Sad Cafe sang “Everday Hurts”.

A potential League Cup tie against West Ham or Man U has been replaced by a potential FA Trophy game at Maldon and Tiptree.

We have to qualify to play in the 1st Round of the FA Cup.

Whatever we thought of the EFL trophy it gave some youngsters their debuts in first team football and some great semi final and final fixtures. That opportunity has gone.

Now on the BBC Football web site you have to scroll down to National League to find out anything about us. Our Transfers don’t get included on the Transfers page.

Are we on the Pools coupon any more?

Those who found Kingsmeadow a poor ground will have to get used to it every other week.

There may be terraces but a lot wont have more than 6 steps.

Every Day will hurt until we are back in the League.

Those who found Kingsmeadow a poor ground will have to get used to it every other week.

There may be terraces but a lot wont have more than 6 steps.

It'll only be once a month on average that we visit such grounds. Eleven of our 22 opponents are former EFL members with proper stadiums.

Yeah it hurts this morning. Seeing the tweets from other clubs about the season starting. Maybe the pain will ease as our season starts and I can watch live football. I really hope we don't spend too many years down here. I used to hate being in the 4th division, now I am desperate to see us back in it!!

Last edited:
I am still more annoyed about the injustice of our relegation to L2 the previous season than I am about last season's relegation.
Without being too provocative on a touchy point, didn't our subsequent drop through the next division down show it was not only the right decision but fully deserved? Any finger pointing can only really be back at our own club.

As for whether it will hurt Saturday? Not for me but it's a choice I'm making. What will hurt for me will be the weekly standard of opposition, stadium, refereeing, etc - the ongoing realisation that we're no longer even close to the sharper end of professional football but there's no benefit to be had from looking back over the fence.

We're where we are now and we can't change what's happened previously. So rather than hurting, let's just get on with it and make the most of it with some different memories! It's not like League 2 was the promised land anyway so it's just different levels of mediocrity at the moment until we're back where we belong.

If we're playing well, winning games, fielding a hungry team that wants to play football and starting to turn our downward plummet into an upward climb, for me at least, the rest of it is less important.

Last edited:
I have seen Southend at their highest point, 12th in the 2nd tier (Now Championship) and now at their lowest point. I really hope to see them succeed again and be right up the top again and even in the Championship with a nice stadium and thousands of fans. One day. one day.

can someone tell me why the conference is starting later - apart from saying well it is!

I'd rather be in the league of course but the reality is we aren't, and we have to embrace this new challenge. This league isn't a desirable place to be but if we get it right then we can return stronger. There's a bit of optimism for those that call me negative! Unfortunately though I think we'll be down here 5 years minimum

Back