• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will somebody come in for Barnard before Christmas?

sincerely hope not!
i would imagine his injury record still makes him a gamble for potential bidders. From what ive seen/heard it seems the very few chances he's getting he's scoring, his workrate is superb, dropping deep (for better or worse). If we had out and out wingers and a more creative midfield he could be a 30 a season man in this division!

Thought the same thing myself, if anyone bids over £400/500k then i think he'll be gone.

Depends if the management team think they can replace him for whatever amount of money is offered. Also, when is he out of contract?

Yeah we were talking about that and we reckon its more than likely.

Depends if the management team think they can replace him for whatever amount of money is offered. Also, when is he out of contract?
Summer 2010, 31st June 2010 I would imagine

Hmm, in that case, if either he doesn't want to sign a new one, or we are not looking like challenging for promotion, then sell. However if either of those looks likely then I say it would be more beneficial to keep him, like Clarke last year.

Without him we would be truly f*cked! Hope he signs another new deal but frankly can see him winning player of the season then buggering off to a champ club.

Was thinking about this on the way out of the ground. If he got injured for a lengthy period of time, say a month or two, then we'd up **** creek without a paddle. Without be disrespectful to our other strikers i can't see us scoring goals with Laurent, Walker and Freedman. I'm optimistic that he'll sign a new contract but i can see a Championship club bidding £500,000 or so and then letting him rot on the bench.

Would he go though? Maybe he's happy at Roots Hall.

Speaking of which, what's with Mr. Eastwood these days? Wales only had 3 subs in their match and he didn't figure.

Without him we would be truly f*cked! Hope he signs another new deal but frankly can see him winning player of the season then buggering off to a champ club.

If you were a player who was at a club that didn't pay you on time & was in the brown stuff financially, what would you do?

Unless RM pulls his financial finger & release some money, Macca & Barney will be gone. Yes we will get a few quid for them, but look what happened to the Freddy & Bailey money!

isnt barnard a fairly local lad? he might wanna stick around for the new stadium, which should have been started to be built by the time the jan transfer window opens.

isnt barnard a fairly local lad? he might wanna stick around for the new stadium, which should have been started to be built by the time the jan transfer window opens.

He's from Billericay so yes, he's fairly local, with his injury record he'd be a huge gamble for a CCC club to pay 400-500k on. Would still like him to sign a new contract to put my mind at rest.

Would he go though? Maybe he's happy at Roots Hall.

Speaking of which, what's with Mr. Eastwood these days? Wales only had 3 subs in their match and he didn't figure.

That's what i was thinking, i'm thinking that he likes here and wouldn't want to move.

his injury record isn't too bad - no major knee or ankle ops - nothing this year - if we let him go what does it say about our chairmans ambition ?

Back