• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will the cost of living crisis affect the club?

Pedant corner here...

In this thread posters have been referring continually to bulbs and the power they consume, bulbs consume no power as they are what you plant in the garden... :Thumbs down:

The things that produce light and consume power are actually lamps as, I'm sure, any electrically competent person will illuminate you... :Whistling:

Exit, pursued by bear... :Angry Mob:

It’s okay, travel costs will soon be negligible as Tom promised us he’d be having a bike rack installed at RH didn’t he? 🤔

It’s won’t affect me, to go to RH to watch us, but I won’t be travelling on long away trip. The live steaming TV next year in January is a life saver for the NL clubs, if 5k Southend fans for example, pay £10 to watch live game on their laptop (away game), the funds would goes into Southend Utd, so they can pay wages for their staffs.

We could all bring a wind up torch?

The constant movement would also keep you warm on those january nights...

Maybe we can crowd fund to keep the Root's Hall light's on ?

Remember it's our club whoever on the deeds

It’s won’t affect me, to go to RH to watch us, but I won’t be travelling on long away trip. The live steaming TV next year in January is a life saver for the NL clubs, if 5k Southend fans for example, pay £10 to watch live game on their laptop (away game), the funds would goes into Southend Utd, so they can pay wages for their staffs.

Have the terms of the revenue sharing for the games been disclosed?

It wont be anywhere near that amount. It'll be far less than 1000 per game.

Massive assumptions here.

1. That we'd have as many a 5,000 paying punters watching the streamed games. It would likely be quite a lot lower. I doubt we had anywhere near 5k watching streamed away games when we were in L1. Also, (for home games more than away) remember that if a bunch of mates went to a game, or a family went, they'd all pay their entry fees and maybe buy drinks and/or risk sampling the food, buying some of the little merch avaibable.

2. If the price is £10 they'd be making a huge mistake. I would say £5 - £6 would be a reasonable ask (with maybe a half season subscription at a discount.

3. What makes you think that they'd assign 100% profit to the club you're subscribing to? First of all, the league will want their pound of flesh, maybe (but unlikely) BT Sports will, and the service providers. Then I think the remaining will go into a kitty to be shared out equally to all the clubs. Or something like that.

Meter readings TODAY. Don't forget to get your meter readings to your provider TODAY. Very important as it all changes tomorrow. I mentioned this before and it got moved. I would have thought supporter welfare was related. Plus it might impact crowds at games. Anyway....read yer meters TODAY and get them submitted by the end of the day.

I can't remember what the agreement was like for iFollow, but I don't remember it being great. Hopefully this streaming service was is more favourable.

Meter readings TODAY. Don't forget to get your meter readings to your provider TODAY. Very important as it all changes tomorrow. I mentioned this before and it got moved. I would have thought supporter welfare was related. Plus it might impact crowds at games. Anyway....read yer meters TODAY and get them submitted by the end of the day.
I just checked and they reckon my DD will be £60 less than it is now from 1st Oct ..I sent them a reading earlier in Sep. So no chance!

Back