• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will the cost of living crisis affect the club?

With the club struggling financially it would make sense to consider switching ko but need to be careful in affecting attendances

What's that based on? Not saying your wrong but if its that much LEDs will pay for themselves pretty quickly.

Assuming that the infrastructure can take the inrush current
Was told by @Tinks ‘s daughter…

And no, the infrastructure won’t take the change. They date back to at least 1966 when we got them from Sheffield Wednesday.

An earlier kickoff would work well for me, I might be able to make more home games.

On a bit of a tangent would moving the kickoff earlier avoid the blackout and allow streaming to take place

An earlier kickoff would work well for me, I might be able to make more home games.

On a bit of a tangent would moving the kickoff earlier avoid the blackout and allow streaming to take place
The restriction on streaming is nothing to do with the 3pm blackout. The National League don’t allow it all. Hence why even Tuesday night games can’t be streamed.

Mansfield Town are the first to blink. Their game against Walsall on 15th October in League 2 has been brought forward to a 13:00 kick off to trial savings from not having to use floodlights.

Meanwhile Didcot Town have asked their league, they're at level eight, if they can move their kick offs earlier.

Mansfield Town are the first to blink. Their game against Walsall on 15th October in League 2 has been brought forward to a 13:00 kick off to trial savings from not having to use floodlights.

Meanwhile Didcot Town have asked their league, they're at level eight, if they can move their kick offs earlier.
Yet they’ve moved their home game next Saturday to a Friday night game.

Yeah, that's a bit of a weird one...

I get the feeling that the Walsall game is a trial to evaluate rather than a, 'it's what we're going to do permanently' thing.

Be interested to see what they come back with though.
My mate is a Mansfield season ticket holder and says it’s a publicity stunt and hasn’t gone down well with the fans.

First thing to go for me unfortunately, went to the first couple of home games but it's not something I can keep affording unfortunately 😔

I'll only go to games when I get a good payday or the tickets are cheaper

All seems a bit waffley to me. There is a standard of light required at pitch level so I would have expected Mansfield to be able to give a reasonably clear estimate of the electricity savings. Even at 1 o'clock on a murky February day they are likely to need some of the lights on. All seems a little amateurish.

It seems to me that clubs just like individuals need to get smarter about their costs and know exactly what they spend on everything. I bet few will be able to give an accurate estimate of floodlighting costs. Doubt if many of the grounds have smart metres for example.

How much does it cost to floodlight a game?
As far as I can find out each bulb is 2kw. Each plyon has 22 bulbs. The lights are on for about 5 hours. Based on electricity at 40p a unit the cost for a match is
2*22*4*5*.40= £352.

As far as I can find out each bulb is 2kw. Each plyon has 22 bulbs. The lights are on for about 5 hours. Based on electricity at 40p a unit the cost for a match is
2*22*4*5*.40= £352.
Someone else reckoned it was 9 pounds per minute for each bulb at roots hall - which would put the costs into thousands of pounds

Someone else reckoned it was 9 pounds per minute for each bulb at roots hall - which would put the costs into thousands of pounds
It depends on what lights are used and how much they are paying for a unit of electricity, businesses tend to pay more especially during peak periods which are in the morning and early afternoon / evening especially during winter months.

A lot of money can be saved if you can shift the hours you use electricity

£9 a minute at 40p per kwh. I think that means you would require a 1,340,000 watt light bulb. That's a very big bulb 😂

Why not solar powered LED floodlights? just put solar panels on the roofs of all the stands,

Back