• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think it will, but a lot of the focus for the club was the successful promotion bid last season. Also I think they're trying to factor it into the new stadium plans?

I certainly don't expect to see it up within the next 12 months.

First time id been to boots and laces today, couldn't believe the size of the thing (the dome) the way it's sitting there me and the Mrs couldn't help but come to the conclusion someone's lost the assembly instructions.

I was told today that apparently there was a numbering system on each of the pieces of the structure that had been painted on and corresponded with the instructions of how to put this back together but this had been washed off of many by the rain making it difficult to re-assemble again.

Where this information originated from I do not know but that is what I was told and I have no reason to doubt it, coming as it did from a friend of mine who is a very reliable source.

I was told today that apparently there was a numbering system on each of the pieces of the structure that had been painted on and corresponded with the instructions of how to put this back together but this had been washed off of many by the rain making it difficult to re-assemble again.

Where this information originated from I do not know but that is what I was told and I have no reason to doubt it, coming as it did from a friend of mine who is a very reliable source.

I'm sorry. I know this is a club we all love dearly. But if that's the truth then never has a story been more "Southend United" in recent footballing memory.

Last edited:

Good old mate of a mate sources

I would imagine that for something of this scale there would actually be some sort of document and not rely solely on non-waterproof numbers! When it was originally installed they would have plans there is no reason why we wouldn't used the same plans.

I'm sure it's due to finances and planning.

Please refrain from posting posts like this. I nearly chocked over my muesli.

Im pretty certain it was mentioned some time ago that it will form part of the new stadium plans, be attached behind one end type of the thing, so guessing nothing will happen until the new stadium is built..... now there is another story!

No dont think its going to form part of the stadium, no idea where it actually will sit though.

Ron Martin literally has to be the world's worst property developer.

Does he ever get started or finished on any projects?

This whole thing is a farce..

I'm sorry. I know this is a club we all live dearly. But if that's the truth then never has a story been more "Southend United" in recent footballing memory.

Absolutely this. I'd be shocked if there wasn't some form of incompetence behind all this and this sounds very like the club we all know and love.

Plus no one wants to work for him. I know a lot of people in the building trade who still have not been paid by him for work they did years ago.

Very true, but was this ever timetabled to have been built anytime soon?

Always seemed to me that they grabbed an opportunity to grab the dome when it was available with no concrete plans to get it up.

I dont even think there is a plot of land to put it on yet and wouldnt be surprised that the plans for the new stadium need to be agreed to allow it.

I would imagine that for something of this scale there would actually be some sort of document and not rely solely on non-waterproof numbers! When it was originally installed they would have plans there is no reason why we wouldn't used the same plans.

BBBC has stated that its has instructions - he isn't saying that it relies solely on numbers as you put it . The fact is though that even with detailed instructions, something is easier to put together if the parts are numbered- that is common sense. Without the numbering it will be more difficult to put together, but just because its more difficult doesn't mean we can't do it- it will simply take longer (don't you watch Grand Designs:winking:)

Don't talk tosh we still have the Freddy money don't we ? :winking:

What on earth did your mates do for him. Has he actually ever built anything?

Quite a bit actually, some of it was maintainence work on the stadium as well and they have never seen a penny. APPARENTLY a lot of trades people won't do work for him unless they pay up first because his reputation is that bad with paying for things.

Back