• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good old mate of a mate sources

I would imagine that for something of this scale there would actually be some sort of document and not rely solely on non-waterproof numbers! When it was originally installed they would have plans there is no reason why we wouldn't used the same plans.

I'm sure it's due to finances and planning.

Believe it or don't believe it. I am only stating what somebody told me at MTB Day on Sunday.

The one thing Ron isn't is daft. He would not have spent £2m+ on something unless he was fairly sure that it would be of use. Plus it's necessary to raise the club youth academy up a notch to Category Two. This is the future... the youth set-ups at clubs like Crewe and Southampton are blueprints and this is his focus. It's where the club a) get funding and b) get transfer fees. It is now starting to come good with Dan Bentley, Ted Smith, Jack Payne, Jack Bridge and Jason Williams all coming through and will probably earn the club a few quid. Certainly some of the youth transfers raise money that the senior player transfers don't.

The one thing Ron isn't is daft. He would not have spent £2m+ on something unless he was fairly sure that it would be of use. Plus it's necessary to raise the club youth academy up a notch to Category Two. This is the future... the youth set-ups at clubs like Crewe and Southampton are blueprints and this is his focus. It's where the club a) get funding and b) get transfer fees. It is now starting to come good with Dan Bentley, Ted Smith, Jack Payne, Jack Bridge and Jason Williams all coming through and will probably earn the club a few quid. Certainly some of the youth transfers raise money that the senior player transfers don't.

For the sake of clarity we won't have spent £3 million until it is built with changing rooms etc

Believe it or don't believe it. I am only stating what somebody told me at MTB Day on Sunday.

I always take anything told from sources like that with a massive pinch of salt.

Only a few days ago we were told CMS would be playing in the U21 game because a "reliable source" told someone, who turned out to have heard it from a bloke in the pub.

"The numbers washed off" sounds like having a very low chance of being the reason it hasnt been built, we dont even have planning or know where its going to sit yet.

The one thing Ron isn't is daft. He would not have spent £2m+ on something unless he was fairly sure that it would be of use.

I shall just park this here for a bit.....

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Oooh my ribs!!

Heard it through the grapevine that we're having trouble reassembling it because bits have been nicked!

Curious to know...

1 year on, has any progression been made on the 'Dome'?
Why would there have been any development? Its not going up at boots and laces, it's going up at Fossetts. Has any one ever seen a planning permission submission for boots and laces?

we know by now to ignore any timelines we are given on anything

If anyone had bothered to attend the British Land 'open day' at RH you could see for yourself where the dome will be.

For those that didn't....The training ground will be on land north of Fossetts Way as will the 'Green' overflow match day parking. However the Dome's will be on ground south of the stadium roughly behind the fire station.

Why aren't they on the training ground was my obvious question..... Well that is green belt land which comes under Rochford council and they won't allow it. Yes even though we can have our training facilities over there, we can't have a dome or two.

Councils can relax laws for things like leisure facilities and this would benefit plenty of young people in our area. Having to please two councils that often don't co-operate with each other, is just another hurdle that other clubs don't have to face.

By the way we paid nothing like £2 million for the dome. Don't tell anyone I told you this but apparently Ron made a very cheeky low offer, much less than the £500,000 someone suggested we should pay for a non league rough diamond. Guess what they came up for it and now its ours.

Very good long term business if want your club to be a category 2 academy. One decent player through the system would pay for the whole project.

It took me nine weeks to assemble a small lean-to greenhouse which, according to the instructions, should have taken 2-3 hours. I hate to think how long it will take to assemble the dome......

It took me nine weeks to assemble a small lean-to greenhouse which, according to the instructions, should have taken 2-3 hours. I hate to think how long it will take to assemble the dome......
I assume your full time job is part of the fossets farm development team��

Last edited:
Why would there have been any development? Its not going up at boots and laces, it's going up at Fossetts. Has any one ever seen a planning permission submission for boots and laces?

Wasn't aware of that... It will probably be a pile of dust by the time they get the green light to build it then :-(

I was told by someone important that 1) we didn't have planning permission and 2) we don't own the land where the erection will be.

I was told by someone important that 1) we didn't have planning permission and 2) we don't own the land where the erection will be.

I'd have thought that a chap of your maturity must have experienced loads of erections in places where the land wasn't owned?

Back