• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will the North bank now get the go ahead ??

CC51DAS

President
If just half the atmosphere generated last night could be re-created at each home match - what a boost that would be .

Lets get this pushed through - post your support here for a conga at every home match !

If we do get the North Bank back, I feel the club should look at putting some sort of acoustic reflectors/baffles in that barrel roof so that the rest of the ground stands some chance of hearing us.

Smiley-Megaphone.gif
http://dumponyourboss.com/sitefiles/1000/Smiley-Megaphone.gif

If we do get the North Bank back, I feel the club should look at putting some sort of acoustic reflectors/baffles in that barrel roof so that the rest of the ground stands some chance of hearing us.

Smiley-Megaphone.gif

thing is though is there much point of spending money on things on the old ground when we should have a a new ground looming up?

i like the idea of going into the north bank but where would the away fans go?

Unfortunately as we will be playing in League One again next year splitting the North Bank will leave enough room for away fans.

It could be interesting next season when we play Borient and Col Ewe and are in the same stand as them. Obviously sufficient segregation will be in place but things always get a bit more interesting when two sets of fans are at such close quarters. Presumably these considerations are what is delaying an official announcement and it's possible that we won't be able to use the North Stand if the police and club expect things to get especially tasty.

I'll definitely be in the North Stand next season but I fear that the stewards will do their best to ruin it as they usually do in the West Stand and tell us to sit down all the time. Meanwhile, the away fans will be right next to us and on their feet for the whole 90 mins as usual :madman:

It could be interesting next season when we play Borient and Col Ewe and are in the same stand as them. Obviously sufficient segregation will be in place but things always get a bit more interesting when two sets of fans are at such close quarters. Presumably these considerations are what is delaying an official announcement and it's possible that we won't be able to use the North Stand if the police and club expect things to get especially tasty.

I'll definitely be in the North Stand next season but I fear that the stewards will do their best to ruin it as they usually do in the West Stand and tell us to sit down all the time. Meanwhile, the away fans will be right next to us and on their feet for the whole 90 mins as usual :madman:

I heard today that it is definitely going to happen. They will erect a removable gate in the North Bank, which will be removed for 6 games: Col Ewe, Orient, Leeds, Leicester, Millwall and (I think) Peterboro. Not sure if it will be in place for the start of the season. I suppose cup matches will depend on who we're playing.

Yeah I would like to see us get the North Bank. Don't think it will go ahead though. What's the facilities like over there - surely if they aren't up to scratch they will have to be improved?

They will erect a removable gate in the North Bank, which will be removed for 6 games

Surely people will just wall round it? Or are they putting up a fence as well? ;)

Why remove it for Col Ewe, a farm gate will remind them of home? :)

Surely people will just wall round it? Or are they putting up a fence as well? ;)

Why remove it for Col Ewe, a farm gate will remind them of home? :)

No, just one gate I heard, 8 x 4 apparently. It will fool most Col Ewe fans....

More importantly will it be the same stewards as last time for when we visit? They seemed keen on abit of Barney Rubble last time

Are you blind? Read the thread, we have a gate!!! No need for stewards when you've got an 8 x 4 gate..........Jeeez

Back