• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will the Queen abdicate during her Christmas speech?

Will Liz abdicate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance. She sees this as her duty to her country, a British Queen doesn't abdicate.

Something like an abdication doesn't happen without some form of hint to the press before hand. There hasn't been anything and it won't happen this year.

According to an article I read in The Times when Juan Carlos quit....A number of European monarchs have abdicated over the last few years and the indications are that The Queen isn't too impressed. She regards the monarchy as a role for life and that stepping down isn't really the done thing.

Last edited:
According to an article I read in a The Times when Juan Carlos quit....A number of European monarchs have abdicated over the last few years and the indications are that The Queen isn't too impressed. She regards the monarchy as a role for life and that stepping down isn't really the done thing.

Exactly what I meant but you've put it better!

Just doing the mandatory neg rep for Barna and noticed he has moved into green. What's going on with this people?

Standards have dropped.
I am no royalist but even I think she and the monarchy do a great job for Britain and hope she stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back