• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will there be a Takeover announcement next week (commencing Monday 10th July 23), and if so, when.

What day of week do you think a takeover will be announced?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am watching proceedings with interest, and have been following this saga for months now. No one seems to have the slightest idea of the price tag on the future ownership of the club. I am not convinced that some of the names in the mix have the finances to pull off a deal. In any event Ron Martin would have to write off many millions of sterling of debt...either that, or no guarantee he may not still remain part of the equation.

If there is to be an announcement of new owners it's possible it will link back to the U.S. where the marketeers were based.

We asked for a sales package and received no reply as an associate was mildly interested. He would have been more interested 10 years ago but l think the time has passed.

Make no mistake, Southend United has the potential to rise again and Championship football could lay on the horizon one day.

It's a fab club with an incredible and loyal fan base and will eventually rise from the turmoil that has engulfed it for far too long now.

Keep the faith. Peace and respect from Colchester.

Have no faith in a Friday announcement. We always get bad news on a Friday. I'm guessing Thurs at noon. 'Zone meltdown amid party scenes in the streets

I have to go out to a committee meeting on Thursday pm/evening so it's bound to be then so i miss the breaking news.

If it does happen and I get updates then I will already be in a pub so not much of a strectch for a celebration!

What's given you that impression?

I just think and just an opinion on what has been in the public domain so far, that with the due diligence that needs to be done, the intricacy of this particular deal and Ron's character, that this is going to drag out a week or two yet.
(Not that I want it to).

I’d plump for 15.30 on Friday.
Got no ITK , it’s a pure guess on my part.
Anyhow Ron’s a cruel bar steward to us by dragging these negotiations out.
I really hope he f-cks off 100% from our club, he is completely toxic . I don’t want to hear Ron still has shares in the club .

This is Ron Martin, it's such a complex transaction, buyers predominantly get twitchy during the closing stages and the longer it goes on..........!

All parties need to agree, wouldn't surprise me if they pull out or it's not for Ron and we go back to step 1.

It’s Friday,it’s Five to five, it’s Crackerjack
CrackerjackDeal.jpg

Back