• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will there be a Takeover announcement next week (commencing Monday 10th July 23), and if so, when.

What day of week do you think a takeover will be announced?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hopefully
This is Ron Martin, it's such a complex transaction, buyers predominantly get twitchy during the closing stages and the longer it goes on..........!

All parties need to agree, wouldn't surprise me if they pull out or it's not for Ron and we go back to step 1.
Ron Martin not in control any more, after the incident last Friday when this club was close to get thrown out of the league. Hopefully the takeover will be done this Friday.

*Ahem*. 5 to 5 to be pedantic.
Only if you are too young to remember Eamonn Andrews at the helm.
Originally it was at 5 o'clock until the BBC's bizarre rescheduling changed it to 4.55.

That did my little head in then, and I am still finding hard it to deal with now.

Last edited:
Well, that's Monday and Tuesday voters (15) blown out. The poll does allow you to change your selections if you want to.

If we get to the end of the week with nothing announced I'll reset the poll for next week. Never a dull day on the Zone eh?

Well, that's Monday and Tuesday voters (15) blown out. The poll does allow you to change your selections if you want to.

If we get to the end of the week with nothing announced I'll reset the poll for next week. Never a dull day on the Zone eh?
Pretty sure you can scrub today's (39) votes as well unfortunately :Smile:

I’d suggest guessing what week rather than day.

Friday's here and we are down to the 29.7% of us that think today could be the day. Pretty damn exciting eh? :Winking:

1686289050877.png

Completely screwed the intro

Crackerjack
Wasn’t that the programme that gave the phrase ‘ooh I could crush a grape’ to the World?

Reading that back though perhaps I’ve got mixed up as it looks more like something you’d expect John Inman or Larry Grayson to say!

No wonder us kids of the 70s were such a weird lot…

Reactions: TJC
Wasn’t that the programme that gave the phrase ‘ooh I could crush a grape’ to the World?

Reading that back though perhaps I’ve got mixed up as it looks more like something you’d expect John Inman or Larry Grayson to say!

No wonder us kids of the 70s were such a weird lot…
Wasn't that Bobby Ball of Canon & Ball fame?

Back