• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Barring miracles will be lining up in League Two next season and apart from the obvious interest about who we will sign in the summer, there is an intruiging situation, regarding Freddy Eastwood. Whether it was a RM signing, in order to get bums on seats and whether PS really wanted him is an issue of the past. If it was the former, it looked like backfiring, as I didn't get the impression lots more people were falling over themselves to buy season tickets to watch Freddy and Southend next season...........................UNTIL! Suddenly, in the last couple of games Freddy is looking happy and a different player (perhaps because he is getting games?) clearly there is good chemistry between PB and FE. For me it is already something making me look forward, with anticipation, to next season. Let's say that Freddy continues to show his new found enthusiasm in the last couple of matches. The question is, will you or people you know, change your minds in favour of renewing or buying a season ticcket, with the hope of seeing someone near the Freddy of old again?

No. We need to get past this thing us fans have with Freddy. The Freddy of old is gone and he isn't coming back. He is a different kind of player completely now. I think most people realise this and therefore won't stake their £400 on it.

That is not to say he is not still a good player because I believe he is still a good player at this level, but he plays a different role now, I see him as more of a creator than a scorer, I don't think he will suddenly explode into life next year and roll back the years. He'll be a decent player in our attack but not much more than that.

I really dont think people who are not buying/renewing season tickets will change there mind due to freddy turning in a couple of good performances. If however freddy is the catalyst for good results next year, that will be what puts bums on seats. He has done it before after all.

I honestley believe if we do start to see the Freddy of old then this could have a positive effect on crowd numbers. Dont get me wrong it wont be thousands but certainly more than at present. If we could keep tomlin (big if ) we would have a very decent treble to choose from with BBBC and Fred.

No. We need to get past this thing us fans have with Freddy. The Freddy of old is gone and he isn't coming back. He is a different kind of player completely now. I think most people realise this and therefore won't stake their £400 on it.

That is not to say he is not still a good player because I believe he is still a good player at this level, but he plays a different role now, I see him as more of a creator than a scorer, I don't think he will suddenly explode into life next year and roll back the years. He'll be a decent player in our attack but not much more than that.

I agree with every word of that.

When I read the thread title I thought it was going to be a poll about how much weight we were going to put on during the summer holidays

I really dont think people who are not buying/renewing season tickets will change there mind due to freddy turning in a couple of good performances. If however freddy is the catalyst for good results next year, that will be what puts bums on seats. He has done it before after all.

Exactly this and I am one of those fans who will make an effort to go to more games if Freddy starts working his magic again.

Its a team I support not an individual, if Freddy plays well and the team gels and we stay up the top of the table next season and play exciting football numbers of fans will increase.
We need to build a team that can keep going and I hope Freddy is part of that.

Yes, but to a lesser degree, and as has been said, more as part of a team effort, than as an indvidual. At the end of the day its all about if his injuries will stand up to a full season, if not i can see him being more of a bit part player now.

Im hoping that Brown starts him in the last two games and that fitness withstanding Freddy gets a good pre-season and gets a chance next year.

We have two strikers in Eastwood and Corr who if fit can have an impact. Obviously Corr has delivered more this season but Im still hopeful Eastwood with a bit of faith by the manager will come good.

At least he is now being given a chance to prove himself.

It is totally unfair for Freddy to carry around this extra weight (ha ha) of expectancy.
He has not had a good season in many years and facts are facts. However, if he continues to give 100% effort - we will have a usefull additional member of the team/squad.
It is down to Freddy giving 100% always and preparing himself well. Phil Brown may be the guy to get more out of Freddy.

Lets see!

Not me, i had already renewed my season ticket before PB took over and the subsequent upturn in performance from Fred. I buy my two ST because i love this club not down to a particular player.

Certainly good cause for optimism but a few games isn't enough for me to be convinced that we can find the old Freddy. However, if his morale is improved and his fitness improves then I think we are well on the way. He definitely still has it in his locker it is just a case of digging it out. If he played park football he would clean up but at this level it takes a long while to get back to match fitness. Hope is a wonderful thing. If only for hindsight!

Back