• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
ROVERS have been given a ticket allocation of 2,000 for the opening day of the season trip to Southend United.
Tony Mowbray’s men will travel to Roots Hall for the August 5 opener as they begin life in League One.
Tickets for the game will go on sale on Tuesday, July 11 to season ticket holders who are signed up to the 1875 club membership scheme.
From July 17 they will be on sale to season ticket holders and then from July 21 for 1875 club members.
Any remaining tickets will then go on general sale from Wednesday, July 26. Rovers say that it will be one ticket per season ticket or member.

If there's 2000 tickets and only 1875 fans then no :winking: :smile:

I don't think they'll come close to selling out. Unless things have changed a lot over the last few years, their travelling support has traditionally been small. Last season their average away following was 1100 although this was swollen by a few local away-days at Preston, Bolton and Wigan. Take those away and you get an average of under 750 for the other matches.

I'd expect them to bring around 800 fans.

Not chance, there away support is poor for a supposed big club, reckon we will take more to their place than they bring to us

Exactly, so hopefully the club will be flexible and adjust when they see their sales faltering, in order to accommodate more Blues fans.

It will be a decent attendance but not a sell out as its still the school holidays and not everyone that would like to attend can mores the pity

First game of the season, still optimistic, fish n chips & slots & pier on offer, reckon they'll get close to selling the 2k and will have a much better chance at this early stage than later in season.

On the day the fixtures came out I stuck a post on my Roots To The 92 Facebook page showing the delights of Roots Hall awaiting Blackburn and it got over 40,000 views, perhaps the majority being Rovers fans (typically a post I put up there only has 2k or so views). If only all of the buggers would buy the book ........ :smile:

Be a hell of a lot cheaper for them, to visit nearby Blackpool for the day!.

They already have the luck to be in the same division as Blackpool and Fleetwood. Add to that a trip to Portsmouth (Southsea) and an opening day away at Southend and I would say that Roverites should be checking the condition of their buckets and spades, have a tub of goose fat ready and making sure the old swimming trunks still fit.:smile:

They'll get close. An away day, at a ground many wouldn't have visited, at the seaside in August.....

Agree with this. A new ground always swells the attendance for any set of fans. A fair few will make a weekend of it I would have thought being an early August Saturday by the seaside. If I was a Blackburn fan this would be more or less my perfect first game.

Are Rover's fans still doing a "boycott" of sorts on home games as a protest against Venky?

If so then away following ought to be enlarged with those wanting to support their team but not by giving money to the owner.

Looking at the ticket sales thread, we'd be lucking to get 7k home fans and maybe 500 from Rovers, so I'm going for 7 half k.

Early season games are always below normal gates because families are away on holiday.

Back