• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Tilson Quit?

SOD was the same at Bournemouth, there for 23 years player, coach and manager. In the end he needed a move, I guess in the future at some point it might be the same for Tilly.

I'm surprised more clubs haven't approached him, especially with the amount of Premiership and Championship managers who have been sacked in the last 12 months. It seems that chairmen aren't willing to give young unproven managers a chance, which is a shame (look at Paul Ince, Darren Ferguson etc). But they haven't, so I think he'll be here at least another season.

I really hope Tilly doesnt go, I would be gutted. Great manager and despite the thrashing on friday we havent done badly this season!

paul ince...a higher pedigree of player..mixed with some of the best...
darren ferguson--ok, not the same pedigree of player, but undoubtibly learned something from daddy, but I know that means nothing, look at nigel clough, but the Man U connection is the key.
Unfortunately, Tilly didnt mix with the right people or have a club with good backing, he's learning the hard way, and with some success.
Maybe Ince is a better manager than Tilly, a fact we may have to face up to. 2 clubs, 2 successes in thier own terms.

Back