• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will Tilson resign!!

Tilson's transfers
You're also right that Tilson has made some buying mistakes. But then again, show me a manager who hasn't. He's also made some pretty impressive acquisitions, not least that unproven fella from Grays. If you're Wenger, Ferguson or Moronio and you make a Ricketts in the transfer market, you can just go out and buy someone else. We've never had that luxury and we never will.

Agreed. In League one and two i dont think tilly made one bad signing. Everyone he signed seem to adapt quickly and do a good job. Since we got promoted to the championship however i think the signings that tilly has made havent been no where near the level required.

Tilson once said in league one and two you need a good goal scorer and decent shop shotter in these leagues. Which we had in freddy and flavs.

I think flavs is still a great player i just think hes been found out a bit now. Take the Southampton game for example we see the best and worst of him with in a minute or so when one of there players had a strike and he tipped it over the bar then the corner came in and he done a david james and flapped at it.

I dont think we will go up this year alot of teams that come down dont bounce straight back up there. Like some one else mentioned prehaps we did go up to quickly look at Colchester they was in league one for a while built up a team then got promoted and managed to stay in the championship. This year round although they lost cureton theyved made some good signings IMO.

I think if we had stayed in championship prehaps we could of boosted the squad with a few players and pushed on a bit.

Itll take time but Keep the Faith!!

i sort of assume that people who watch professional football regularly would gain some sort of insight over the years - but then again the human race is sometimes very dissappointing -

I can think of no better manager in this division or the one above - and if Tilson was to resign given the lack of support he gets from RM or cos he got a better offer the club would in the ****e -

Back