• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
With the reported misdemeanours of Hall, Dickinson and Ferdinand and the prospect of Bilel being home in France, how would you think this may effect the teams selection next Saturday against Burton.

These 4 players have been very involved all through the season, does PS drop the lot of them for discipline reasons or forgive and forget and play them?

yet another post that suggests everything is black and white and can't possibly be grey.

I suspect that PS will have to wait to see how some of the fringe players (Benyon, Flood, Baldwin etc) perform at Braintree tomorrow before committing himself one way or another. His options are pretty limited if their performances don't scream out for them to be selected on Saturday. Burton is a game they must get something out of imo if they are going to challenge the likes of Shrewsbury, Crawley and Cheltenham for the two promotion places behind Swindon.

If the issues had a negative effect on the rest of the squad and if I was manager (and unfortunately I am not) then I would drop them from the squad.

I have worked with people who do not toe the line and seem to get away with 'blue murder' and have seen the negative effect that this has on the other staff members who do toe the line. Would/should a football club be any different?

Based on recent performances (though I am 100% reliant on the Blue Player and feloow SZ match report ratings for this info) then no one 'deserves' a given right to be picked in any event - and something pretty drastic need sto be done to try and kick start the season again.

If they are dropped then my Team would be something like (subject to injuries : ie how far away is Leonard from fitness?)

Morris
Clohessy
Barker
Philips
Prosser
Leonard (or Sawyer)
Timlin
Grant
Martin
Sampson
Harris

subs

Gilbert
Baldwin
Benyon
Flood
Sturrock (or Leonard)

Tht should still be a side capable of winning matches in Division 2 if they all work together.

If Sawyer is fit then I would start him ahead of Leonard but sadly I just don't think Sawyer's style fits with Sturrock. I am surprised that Sturrock signed him to be honest for this reason though I am a real Sawyer fan.

Thanks for your input...its a valid question IMO

It's certainly a valid question, I'm assuming Pubey was referring to the leading way in which it was asked(akin to asking "will we do the stupid thing")

I'm a believer that sometimes you do have to cut our nose to spite our face.Is it better to lose a couple of games through dropping key, but disruptive players,or lose several more though poor morale? Sometimes you have to amputate a right hand to save a life.

I'm a believer that sometimes you do have to cut our nose to spite our face.Is it better to lose a couple of games through dropping key, but disruptive players,or lose several more though poor morale? Sometimes you have to amputate a right hand to save a life.
Yes, agreed. Well, we can play Martin for a start and maybe Granty on the right. Up front, well, guess it depends who is fit - certainly a big opportunity for the likes of Sampson, Harris even Blair to step up.

Watching Shrewsbury v Crawley, I think we need to make some big changes anyway. Both teams are looking quite impressive and if Crawley keep it up, will walk all over us the way we've been playing lately.

Luckily I'm on a jolly up at Burton this weekend with Swiss and the chaps, so I'll be too ****ed to care what team he puts out. I'd definitely play Harris though, needs a wise head on the pitch at the moment methinks.

I think that if Flood doesn't play tomorrow, it'll mean he's playing on Saturday. With his lack of game-time, he might struggle with 3 games in a week!

Interesting to see what happens with Dicko, Ferdinand and Hall.

All 3 should be dropped imo. It's unfair on players like Benyon, Flood, Sturrock, Harris, Sawyer etc. who have been waiting for their opportunity.

If they are dropped or discarded then we are in real trouble. Hall and Bilel are our two matchwinners, yes they havent always produced the goods but both can produce those moments of brilliance that win games. Not to mention Bil's versatility. His instincitve goal against Crewe put our other strikers to shame. Dicko hasnt always produced the good but he is an honest, hardworking player who can be a real handful and is our top scorer and our ONLY striker to score in 2012.

It's certainly a valid question, I'm assuming Pubey was referring to the leading way in which it was asked(akin to asking "will we do the stupid thing")

Thought Morris had been off the pace lately.

I would expect all three to be dropped, if not it sends out a message to the rest that it doesn't matter what you do so why should they bother. As for Bilel, we have no idea what the cause of his supposed blow out was.

Drastic™;1370175 said:
I would expect all three to be dropped, if not it sends out a message to the rest that it doesn't matter what you do so why should they bother. As for Bilel, we have no idea what the cause of his supposed blow out was.

We have no idea where he even is! CP says he doesn't think he'll play for us again.

team for tomorrow night

Bentley
Clohessy
Phillips
Baldwin
Prosser
Sawyer
Timlin
Grant
Martin
Benyon
Flood