• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be buying the new home kit

• Yes

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 177 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shrimper

Life President
So who is going to buy the new home kit now that it has been released. Prices by the way;

Short sleeve adult: £42.50
Long sleeve adult: £46.00
Short sleeve kids: £35.00-£37.00
Long sleeve kids: £36.00-£38.00
Adults shorts: £20.00
Kids shorts: £16.75-£17.50
Socks: £8.50-£10.00
Shirt printing: £12.95

I know I won't be. And that's one potential customer. The away kit is going to have to be something special but I doubt I'll buy it if it's £42.50. Is that a price chosen by the club or Nike?

Voted No - not unless in the flesh it is far better than it seems in the photo.
It looks like a cheap material with little or no design thought gone into it.

£42.50 for a pretty naff bog standard shirt? Nah you're alright.

£42.50:thumbdown: for what is basically a glorified t-shirt - i think not

do they really expect people to pay that for a dull shirt when most fans would have bought a wembley shirt a few months ago? i know i wont be, but i hope the away shirt is more exciting (yellow and purple stripes with orange piping)

I've been buying kit for kids teams, so have been paying attention on this. There were limited navy choices and this is the cheapest in the Nike range, even with printing badge/sponsor logo there's a mark-up easily of 300% to 400%. When I heard about it I thought they might knock them out around the £30 mark, still a massive profit.

Now I know that, I won't be buyng one for my son.

when i heard about the kit last week, i thought to my self " oh well suppose having a cheap kit doesn't mater , and it saves everyone money , we are all a little skint atm"

Boy was i wrong !!!:angry:

how can they justify more money for less of a kit ???

personally , as much as i love Southend United , we should all stand together and boycott it until they finally put the fans first and drop the price down .

Dullest shirt in the universe. I have lots of blue T shirts already.

So no.

when i heard about the kit last week, i thought to my self " oh well suppose having a cheap kit doesn't mater , and it saves everyone money , we are all a little skint atm"

Boy was i wrong !!!:angry:

how can they justify more money for less of a kit ???

personally , as much as i love Southend United , we should all stand together and boycott it until they finally put the fans first and drop the price down .

Not sure I follow the logic in any of that.

Why would it be cheaper because it is all one colour?

Why is it less of a kit, doesnt it have arms?

Why would they sell it cheaper? Thats the going price all clubs are paying and isnt set by the club so why boycott it and do the club even more damage?

37 potential customers that the club have missed out on there so far. Which if the kit was decent then that'd be £1572.50

37 potential customers that the club have missed out on there so far. Which if the kit was decent then that'd be £1572.50

How many would have bought one though if it was a different colour? Last one I bought was in 1989, I normally buy Polo shirts and Tshirts.

However that said, I may have bought my son one, I cant see the point in buying him this one.

Another example of the club taking the pee out of the fans again. Is RM trying hard to upset as many fans as possible by trying to rip them off even more?

No chance of me buying one. I'll get more wear out of my Wembley rip-off shirt!!

How many would have bought one though if it was a different colour? Last one I bought was in 1989, I normally buy Polo shirts and Tshirts.

However that said, I may have bought my son one, I cant see the point in buying him this one.

No idea. But I'm just basing it on potential money.

If it was better valued at around £30-£35 then a lot more would be willing I think.

Another example of the club taking the pee out of the fans again. Is RM trying hard to upset as many fans as possible by trying to rip them off even more?

No chance of me buying one. I'll get more wear out of my Wembley rip-off shirt!!

Its not the club who set the price...

No idea. But I'm just basing it on potential money.

If it was better valued at around £30-£35 then a lot more would be willing I think.

Dont get me wrong the money is too much, but thats football for you, all about fleecing the fans.

I think the boring design is what will put people off. There just nothing to it.

Will be buying kit for my son. Always gets the new kit for his birthday. Is it pricey? No, not at all, it's a branded name and therefore you pay the brand price....not the clubs fault.

Oh what a load of rubbish looks just like a cheap, tee shirt .I wont part with that kind of money for that . I hope the away shiet is better .

Back