• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be going to the Hall for the Scunthorpe game?

Will you be going to the Hall for the Scunthorpe game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
It's been a long time coming but on the 12th December 2020 up to 2000 of us addicts have the opportunity to sample the delights of Roots Hall again for a live game of League 2 football. Me and her have thought long and hard about this news as we are both of that mature generation and feature quite high up the Covid vaccination list and we're definitely up for it. Since the advent of the first lockdown our only real entertainment has been trips to the supermarkets, trips to garden centres and the occasional interlude of hospital visits. To say that we are both fed up to the back teeth of the monotony of that lot is an understatement so we will be taking up Ron's kind invitation to the ball.

Simple poll for you all, are you intending to go or not. I'm actually getting quite excited just knocking out this post which is amazing considering all the televised pain we have suffered. Nothing quite like live footie though is there?

Yes. I can't wait, even when you take into account how terrible we are. I t's still football. I miss going to the football. 10 days to go.

I just can’t get excited for it at the moment and really couldn’t be bothered trying to to get one of the “non ST” tickets. I think it’s the effect of how appalling we’ve been over the last 3 seasons.

It's been a long time coming but on the 12th December 2020 up to 2000 of us addicts have the opportunity to sample the delights of Roots Hall again for a live game of League 2 football. Me and her have thought long and hard about this news as we are both of that mature generation and feature quite high up the Covid vaccination list and we're definitely up for it. Since the advent of the first lockdown our only real entertainment has been trips to the supermarkets, trips to garden centres and the occasional interlude of hospital visits. To say that we are both fed up to the back teeth of the monotony of that lot is an understatement so we will be taking up Ron's kind invitation to the ball.

Simple poll for you all, are you intending to go or not. I'm actually getting quite excited just knocking out this post which is amazing considering all the televised pain we have suffered. Nothing quite like live footie though is there?

YES !!!!!!!!!!

Yes will be there

everyone needs to make their own decisions.
To me I don’t see it as a big risk if done correctly.

the pavements outside the ground are hardly going to be heaving with people
Inside the ground no one sitting in next two seats, no one in the row in front/ behind, and if done correctly no one directly two rows behind / in front ( important just in case we actually score/ win and get carried away shouting , yeah fat chance I know).

I can understand people not going and then deciding on future games based on feedback

Subject to joining a phone queue on Monday morning , then yes, if only to go back into the North Bank - happy memories.

Out of interest, what season did it become the away end....?

Yes will be there

everyone needs to make their own decisions.
To me I don’t see it as a big risk if done correctly.

the pavements outside the ground are hardly going to be heaving with people
Inside the ground no one sitting in next two seats, no one in the row in front/ behind, and if done correctly no one directly two rows behind / in front ( important just in case we actually score/ win and get carried away shouting , yeah fat chance I know).

I can understand people not going and then deciding on future games based on feedback

Exactly this. Much more risk in schools, restaurants etc

I’m still willing to give my left testicle for a ticket! So yes, if I am lucky enough to get a ticket, nothing could stop me going to see us play even if we are ****ing ****! (Apart from not being able to get a ticket :ROFL: )

I’m still willing to give my left testicle for a ticket! So yes, if I am lucky enough to get a ticket, nothing could stop me going to see us play even if we are ****ing ****! (Apart from not being able to get a ticket :ROFL: )
Just recovering from a dose of covid. No way I am taking a chance at the moment. It’s not very pleasant!

Back