• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you be going to the Hall for the Scunthorpe game?

Will you be going to the Hall for the Scunthorpe game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Got my tickets on Thursday, sitting in the ground now all masked up and sanitised. I guess for most folks the club has done as good a job as possible given the late announcement by the government and the need to consult with SAG. They also seem to be resolving any issues ok.

Well done SUFC!

UTB.
I want to agree but fans have been back in stadiums since Dec 2nd and the first set of clubs will have got tickets out even for those games so SUFC has had plenty of foresight. Why they are in a position where it’s Friday 11th and batches of tickets have still not been sent for a game on the 12th is not worthy of a well done.

Anyway I’m moaning. I do get the challenges and I hate whining about it. Great news that they seem to be organised at the stadium today to catch up.

The turnstiles were okay.
The one way system okay.
Some fans and some stewards don't seem cognisant of the distancing idea.
Some fans, some stewards and some team support staff don't have a clue on wearing a mask properly, especially over the mouth AND nose.
Some of the crowd evidently think there is an exemption allowing no mask when talking or shouting crap nothings into their phones.
As with most things in society 90+% do the right things and stay alert and of the rest, well stupid is as stupid does.

I couldn’t understand why programs were only sold inside the shop, meaning a long queue, which didn’t look socially distanced, instead of the usual stall outside.

I want to agree but fans have been back in stadiums since Dec 2nd and the first set of clubs will have got tickets out even for those games so SUFC has had plenty of foresight. Why they are in a position where it’s Friday 11th and batches of tickets have still not been sent for a game on the 12th is not worthy of a well done.

Anyway I’m moaning. I do get the challenges and I hate whining about it. Great news that they seem to be organised at the stadium today to catch up.

I think that's possibly down to the fact they didn't know if they were going to get the safety certificate.

I am a bit unsure on the one way system for getting in and out of the ground. After all before kick off surely everyone is coming into ground and after ga e everyone is leaving so in the east the circular route meant only half the points of access are used on either occasion?
The positive seems to be that the narrow back corridor by the toilet is less congested but with prior thought and just a 2 hour match I expect most folks avoid needing them?

As for the covidiots on phone, please, now you have phoned and waved to your mate in another stand you can give that rule flouting a miss on Tuesday?

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood but waving at somebody is rule flouting?

The turnstiles were okay.
The one way system okay.
Some fans and some stewards don't seem cognisant of the distancing idea.
Some fans, some stewards and some team support staff don't have a clue on wearing a mask properly, especially over the mouth AND nose.
Some of the crowd evidently think there is an exemption allowing no mask when talking or shouting crap nothings into their phones.
As with most things in society 90+% do the right things and stay alert and of the rest, well stupid is as stupid does.

I was pleased to be back, but some fan behaviour just reminded me of what plonkers they can be. The booing during the taking of the knee, when you can just keep your mouth shut. Not wearing masks and then asking the steward do I look stupid? Er, yes mate you look and sound thick.

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood but waving at somebody is rule flouting?
The phone is used, mask lowered, presumably the mate in another stand recieved the call and then watches for the wave and it is all very exciting etc.
It is the mask down for random useless phone call which is the flouting.
I took a few pics and sent them which seemed adequate

I think all in all the club did an excellent job in keeping a safe environment. Felt safer than going shopping or being at work. Disappointed at some of the failure to follow basic precautions (masks aren’t soundproof and you can still wear one on the phone) plus the odd jeer pre kick off as well as someone in the West shouting at players for being poofs on the day that rainbow flags etc were used in solidarity with the LGBT community. Guess I couldn’t have expected more but still disappointed.

Few of my mates who went in the Club shop had to do the track and trace app thing.

In the last hour or so they have all got a alert from the app saying that have been in contact with somebody who has tested positive, and have been advised to self-Isolate.

The only information I got from them is the time between 13.45-23.59, the club shop was closed after the game.

The booing during the taking of the knee, when you can just keep your mouth shut.

Agreed, this was disappointing to hear. Bearing in mind six of our eleven onfield players taking the knee were from BAME backgrounds, several of whom this would have been their first introduction to our fan base, would not have created a good first impression for them of our supporters. Thankfully the applause drowned out the boos a few seconds later.

Few of my mates who went in the Club shop had to do the track and trace app thing.

In the last hour or so they have all got a alert from the app saying that have been in contact with somebody who has tested positive, and have been advised to self-Isolate.

The only information I got from them is the time between 13.45-23.59, the club shop was closed after the game.
So somebody with Covid symptoms had a test and still decided to go to the match or it could have been a staff member I suppose?

Not sure in the exact rules but if it's just the alert on the app they don't by law have to isolate. If it's an actual call from track and trace then you have to self-isolate.

Back