• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew your season ticket next year

• Total voters

Somerset Ex-TTB

Members
Simple question

I will start it off. For me it depends on the 2nd half of the season, but its unlikely, even if we finish top 10.

Last edited:
I'm not currently a seaso, but if i was, i wouldn't renew. I begrudge giving that rasclart, my money.

As much as I begrudge giving that man anymore of my money, I begrudge even more his attempts at taking our club away from us, I'll renew, I'll always renew, he won't stop me despite his best efforts, it's still my club no matter what he does, even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

I will still be there next year come what may. But if it is conference football I hope that it is at conference prices, actually after some of the matches this year you could be forgiven for thinking we were in the conference already. But to answer your question, YES I WILL RENEW NEXT YEAR DEFINITELY.

Really awkward for me now, somehow I always got the season card money to pay for the family section for myself & 4 kids, but honestly - are we a family club anymore? Teen blues gone, junior blues gone, mini blues gone, some make shift (poor) scheme instead and I'm paying more than before (putting aside promotion/relegation differences). Suppose new triangle stadium will increase season card costs too! I'm thinking of just doing the promotional home games & a few away etc, don't know if that makes me a fan anymore lol! Used to be my son had club kit nearly every year & my girls too, now he gets a club hat if he's lucky to keep warm!!! C'est la vie!

Being a supporter since 1947 and a season card /ticket holder for over 40 years I can't stop now Anyway my wife would'nt let me

I'd prefer another thread which outlines the current feelings of supporters. Not that being a supporter for 37 years gives me any higher moral ground over any other supporters but I see a worrying trend including myself in the number of supporters who are now numb and ambivalent with respect to our current prospects. If we don't pick up soon those 4,500 to 5K gates will start dropping to levels that I don't believe we can maintain. The simple fact is that clubs can survive on half these gates because their wage bills at half that ours is. We won't be attracting players to move from the heady beauty of Morecambe and Macclesfield with our on and off the field activities. I blame Martin but PS accepted the poisoned chalice. If he cannot deliver the goods in January he will need to start to drink from it.

Start warming the seat for Glenn Pennyfather. He has a decent local record and is accustomed to being a yes man.

i will, as long as we can have more Friday night matches next season

Have had a Season Card/Ticket for last 30 years so will renew but without much enthusiasm if Martin is still calling the shots. I would rather watch a game of football on a Saturday afternoon that hang around the house watching TV. However, as a small token of my disgust with things at the club I have decided to stop buying a match programme!!

I'm sure I will, but as with this season I won't renew until I know which division or league we will be in, and if the worst happens I don't expect to pay 300 quid to watch BSP football.

in front of crowds like the 4,000 average is what we could be in for next season and thats if we stay in the league, dont think so.

I will because I love this club and coming to Roots Hall has been a promonent part of my life since I was born I will still come. However I come more for the day out now than the football as its been woeful.

i think i will renew but only because i couldnt miss out on watching footy every saturday. but i still save a special place in my heart for ron stealing the identity of our club and taking our class away. i hate the thought of having my money anywhere near him.

as i say i find it hard supporting a team that have nothing to do with southend, miss the days off jupp bentley barrett prior etc. players who actually gave a toss and could be called a team.

If ı lıved ın UK there ıs no doubt ı would buy a season tıcket money allowing. I would do it for the team i love, and in spıte of the Chairman i have no time for at all.

Back