• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you get a Season Ticket?

Will you buy a season ticket

• Yes

Votes: 107 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 74 30.6%
  • Depends on the price

Votes: 58 24.0%
  • Bart

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
Says it in the title really, are you going to get a season ticket for next season?

For me, I don't know. Typing that seems crazy to me because it's not something I've ever had to think about before, it was always a given YES for the past 17 years. Now days things are more complicated and overall I feel very disconnected from the club and don't really like anything much about us anymore. Add in the complications that the Mrs works Tuesday nights leaving me to fend for myself looking after our two daughters (selfish woman) it's probably not even financially worth it if I can't make the odd Tuesday night game, although I always do my best to get someone to look after them in non pandemic times (don't tell the mrs that).

Many people will say, of course they'll be a ST holder again next year and fair play to them but surely everyone has a breaking point?

I will be making my decision over the course of the next few weeks and I think much of my decision will be based on the below:

-A fair price that reflects the division we're in
-CEO announced
-Seeing investment and signings coming into the squad
-Hopefully Oxley leaves
-How many more lies Rat Martin tells
-Tax bills being paid
-No embargo
-Brown doesn't start whoring himself for other jobs (again)
-A professional club being ran accordingly
-Paying local contractors for the work that they do for the club

I could probably go on and on to be honest but they're the main factors for me personally. I want to like my club again but I think it will take some time to be completely honest, especially when I have no faith in even the smallest things getting done well.

I'll of course be going next season, there's no doubt about that but I really don't want Ron having my money in his slimy little hands well in advance.

Last edited:
No, I'll do what I've always done and pick and choose games I can go to. I can never guarantee going to every home game.

Nope but I never have bought a season ticket for sufc...... most night games I can't attend, so from that point of view iv never seen the real point in buying season ticket.

I could argue last season I did, due to shelling out £400 on ifollow games. Didn't really get much for my buck interms of performance and victories.

Last edited:
I have concerns with Ron but boycotting the club only hurts the club.

I wasn't suggesting boycotting, I was just asking whether you would or wouldn't get a season ticket because of certain concerns. If not, that's completely your opinion. I do sometimes think that how loyal we are as a fanbase goes against us at times because we make life way too easy for Ron.

I never buy a season ticket cause I enjoy switching around and sitting in the different stands.

But of course I will be there. I have said it before but what else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon? Sit at home alone while all my pals are at the footy, having a laugh out and about.

I'm a football fan. Not a CEO fan, Ron Martin fan or a any other goalkeeper that's not Mark Oxley fan.

Southend united are my club, cannot wait to get back and burn my mouth on a unreasonably scolding hot pie.

Depends on the price.

One of the main things for me too. I'm done paying top dollar for bottom of the barrel players and performances. The prices we've been paying have been taking advantage of our fanbase for years.

My prediction is they'll be a slight discount on regular prices and a further discount for ST's from last year but I still don't think it'll be good enough. I don't get why we're not like other clubs such as Orient (I can name many) where the prices are different depending on where you sit in the ground.

I never buy a season ticket cause I enjoy switching around and sitting in the different stands.

But of course I will be there. I have said it before but what else am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon? Sit at home alone while all my pals are at the footy, having a laugh out and about.

I'm a football fan. Not a CEO fan, Ron Martin fan or a any other goalkeeper that's not Mark Oxley fan.

Southend united are my club, cannot wait to get back and burn my mouth on a unreasonably scolding hot pie.

Just to confirm, my question was regarding whether you would or wouldn't get a season ticket. I wasn't suggesting anyone should stay at home. I said myself, I would still be going. I'm not trying to make this into one of those threads although I would understand if people need a mental break from it all.

SUFC ruin most of my weekends and put me in a bad mood until at least Tuesday. You can blame me for that but I can't help it and I know I'm not the only one who hangs on to it either.

I'll be renewing hers and mine. I miss the joys of my plastic seat, the cosy leg room, the steel pillar in front of us, the plush West Stand bogs, those little cracks and holes in the Westroof, but most of all all those faces that sit around us. Some of those I've been nodding to for years and still don't know their names, so that is this season's challenge for me, so I can say 'Alright (insert name)?' as we pass each other.

Says it in the title really, are you going to get a season ticket for next season?

For me, I don't know. Typing that seems crazy to me because it's not something I've ever had to think about before, it was always a given YES for the past 17 years. Now days things are more complicated and overall I feel very disconnected from the club and don't really like anything much about us anymore. Add in the complications that the Mrs works Tuesday nights leaving me to fend for myself looking after our two daughters (selfish woman) it's probably not even financially worth it if I can't make the odd Tuesday night game, although I always do my best to get someone to look after them in non pandemic times (don't tell the mrs that).

Many people will say, of course they'll be a ST holder again next year and fair play to them but surely everyone has a breaking point?

I will be making my decision over the course of the next few weeks and I think much of my decision will be based on the below:

-A fair price that reflects the division we're in
-CEO announced
-Seeing investment and signings coming into the squad
-Hopefully Oxley leaves
-How many more lies Rat Martin tells
-Tax bills being paid
-No embargo
-Brown doesn't start whoring himself for other jobs (again)
-A professional club being ran accordingly
-Paying local contractors for the work that they do for the club

I could probably go on and on to be honest but they're the main factors for me personally. I want to like my club again but I think it will take some time to be completely honest, especially when I have no faith in even the smallest things getting done well.

I'll of course be going next season, there's no doubt about that but I really don't want Ron having my money in his slimy little hands well in advance.
Quite a good post until your remarks re Oxley

Yes if the price is right unless you need a passport, a test, an app or any danger of another lockdown.
Not too much to ask for.

Back