• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you get a Season Ticket?

Will you buy a season ticket

• Yes

Votes: 107 44.2%
  • No

Votes: 74 30.6%
  • Depends on the price

Votes: 58 24.0%
  • Bart

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters
No.

I will pick and choose, I'm not available every week and tbh the prospect of the away games excites me more. I share a lot of similar concerns as per the OP about how the club is going to be run and how its structured

FWIW I think anyone who bought a season ticket last year should get a freebie this. Or at the very least, a heavily discounted rate

I'll be renewing hers and mine. I miss the joys of my plastic seat, the cosy leg room, the steel pillar in front of us, the plush West Stand bogs, those little cracks and holes in the Westroof, but most of all all those faces that sit around us. Some of those I've been nodding to for years and still don't know their names, so that is this season's challenge for me, so I can same 'Alright (insert name)?' as we pass each other.
Well this season is a good time to take on that challenge - there'll be less names to remember. Look forward to saying 'Fine thank you (insert name)' to you as we pass.

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
Depends on the standard of menu in the captains bar. I really don't want prices or standards to be lowered in some sort of pointless non league solidarity gesture towards grubby little places like Solihull.

If you want 20 goal a season strikers, entertainment and promotion then get your hand in your pocket and don't expect others to do it for you.

As it stands no, I’d only make around 8 home games at tops, but if they priced a season card at around £200 I’d get one as that’s reasonable for the national league.

As I live nearly 300 miles away it will be a definite be a no, but I intend to go to Eastleigh, Weymouth and hopefully Torquay. Don't know if there is other clubs in that neck of the woods ?

Yes

I want to get back to watching live football, live close enough to be able to get to most home games (including midweek) and can afford it, therefore it's probably the easiest way I can do my bit towards helping the team be successful next season.

Totally understand why others can't or won't though - we all have our own circumstances and I certainly won't judge those who decide it's not for them next season.

Due to working every Saturday I’ve not had a season ticket for a good few seasons now.

However I have reduced hours so will only be working 2 Saturdays a month.
ST is a possibility depending on a realistic price to watch non league football, although I can’t imagine Mr Chairman will make sweeping price cuts.

Doe anyone have any idea when they go on sale?

Yes. As has been mentioned boycotting puts the stranglehold on the Club further but at the same time I understand the various reasons for Supporters saying No. We all have our reasons and I too won't be quick to judge especially to those who say no. Additionally by buying a Season Card i'm doing my easy bit to put money in the coffers in small measure to go towards at least helping to pay bills,wages, and seeing a successful team next season.

think the is the 3rd or 4th post on this topic, but definitely yes cant see why I wouldn’t, i will be getting a season ticket for myself and my son

One of the main things for me too. I'm done paying top dollar for bottom of the barrel players and performances. The prices we've been paying have been taking advantage of our fanbase for years.
I bet Ron's been saying the same thing. Only difference is, we've been powerless to anything about it while for Ron it's been down to his poor running of the show.

With regards your last point about affecting mood, I understand. I don't know how to explain it but I'm quite good and aware at switching off after a bad game. Don't get me wrong, I hate it and will critique the performance/game on here. But I can somehow just accept that's it a game of football at the end of the day.

I genuinely sometimes wish I could do the same. I'm definitely guilty of prolonging a loss but only for the past couple of seasons where losses have been coming thick and thin and hard to take considering embargo's etc and effectively the fans suffering following the chairman's lack of a clue on how to do anything.

Having bought 3 season tickets for last season and only seeing 2 live matches I think I deserve a huge discount.

I could have bought 1 for all of us to watch on iFollow.
That's sort of what Mrs RHB said, apart from the fact that she didn't pay for hers!!

Back