• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you still attend next season?

Will you still attend next season?

• Yes

Votes: 293 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters
I remember looking last season at the fixture list for this season and it looked depressing, next season, Jeezzzzzzz, that's not going to make me sit up and think I'd love to go and watch that game :Sad:

As long as the South Upper remains open I'll definitely be renewing my season card. Watching on iFollow has been a half-decent consolation but it's not the same as being at the game and looking at the finer details, such as movement off the ball, positional sense, etc, which you can't really analyse on TV.
Will Ifollow be available for overseas in that Division?

Am I the only one looking forward to national league football next season ? Ok I’d rather stay in the football league but I’m actually looking forward to going to a fair few away games I’ve never been to, I’ve been supporting this club for 37 years now and love the national league and lower leagues, I’ll go to a few home games but more than likely more away games if we get the tickets, just hope we don’t get stuck in the national league for a few years:Sad:
Started watching SUFC in the early 60s as a youngster, high up on the bank. Moved away from the area in 87 and whilst I’ve been unable to visit Roots Hall for many years have still followed the club keenly. For the last 6 or 7 seasons I’ve attended many games in the National League and a number of grounds around the country following/watching a close relative. I’ve been really impressed with the standard of football that I’ve witnessed and I believe that blues fans will soon embrace this league and the football played at this level, for what everyone hopes will be a short period of time. My experience re ticketing for away games is that they don’t normally require away supporters to purchase tickets in advance by do allocate an away fan area.

Will definitely be there. I just hope I am watching a team that is competitive. Would love to see a few more goals going in that’s for sure! In the right net of course !

Yes. Providing I can see the games through a veil of my Great Grandads, Grandads, Dad's, my own and my Son's tears.

I think however that some people are wildly overestimating what our attendances will be like. Especially away from home. We're not taking 2000 anywhere in non-league.
Exactly, utter disgrace that it has come to this!! Hands up all those idiots who called "Brown Out" when we finished 7th in L1 a few seasons back. How were we allowed to freefall into NL oblivion. Dont expect it will be at all easy to come back. Get real people!!

Of course I will attend, not going to bottle it because we are in non league and anybody who does needs to look at themselves

SOUTHEND TILL I DIE...... and it’s as simple as that

And you're the forfront person of SOS right? Lord help us.

Never contemplated not going. I cannot wait to get back. Hopefully we will be far more competitive in the National League however. Team needs a total rebuild but if PB stays and whoever is running the club makes some money available for signings, we should at least start to move forward again hopefully ?

What if they can't afford too? After Covid? Out of a job? Have a family to feed?

What a silly statement.
Following had nothing to do about money or covid. This is suggesting not supporting the club. Anybody can support this club, rich poor or any financial state, but to denounce it because it’s hit bad times does question that

Yeah lord help somebody who will back the entity that is the club though any adversity.
So in-fact Lord help you in your hour of pain and doubt.

I say that because people will attend your protest next week who won't be financially able to attend games next season for many reasons, be it financial or because of family reasons. Yet you've said people need to take a look at themselves if they don't. Not exactly a good PR stunt is it.

That's all I'm going to say.

For me, and my family, associated friends, we will all be renewing our STs. Never a doubt.
And we will do more away games most likely than we have for the last 5 or 6 seasons.
Some new grounds, early FA cup rounds may be on TV, and FA Vase to win.

Back