• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you still attend next season?

Will you still attend next season?

• Yes

Votes: 293 73.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 14.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 47 11.8%

• Total voters
I say that because people will attend your protest next week who won't be financially able to attend games next season for many reasons, be it financial or because of family reasons. Yet you've said people need to take a look at themselves if they don't. Not exactly a good PR stunt is it.

That's all I'm going to say.
Of course anybody should look at themselves who stop following a club who stops because they get relegated

it’s now that we need everybody to support getting this club back into the football league

I say that because people will attend your protest next week who won't be financially able to attend games next season for many reasons, be it financial or because of family reasons. Yet you've said people need to take a look at themselves if they don't. Not exactly a good PR stunt is it.

That's all I'm going to say.
You don’t need to worry about PR either, inside 2 months this agenda as involved an ex SUFC legend and United every faction of this club... terrible PR ?

Away games only for me. Not a penny more in Ron Martin's sweaty palms. He has no interest in Southend United or football only in making££££ from Fossetts Farm. Stop him in his tracks and hopefully we can start again.

I remember looking last season at the fixture list for this season and it looked depressing, next season, Jeezzzzzzz, that's not going to make me sit up and think I'd love to go and watch that game :Sad:

And there was me thinking you came to watch Southend United, not the opposition.....

Will be renewing my season tickets for sure, may even renew the player sponsorship next season too but that depends on a couple of things i have contacted the club over. May also take up 2 or 3 boxes as I usually do but again thats dependant on the same things

Myself and my son will be renewing. I have missed being at the ground so much.

Looking forward to hopefully being competitive, challenging for promotion and visiting a few new grounds

Money is one thing. I get people not able to afford it. I've been in that position. But looking at the fixture list and saying "nah I don't fancy watching that" just because of the standard of the opposition is another thing and makes you the definition of 'fairweather'.

Last edited:
Roots Hall - its past it's sell by date - but I'm counting down the days to get back in to watch a live game - be we be in the National League or the Southend Sunday League

What if they can't afford too? After Covid? Out of a job? Have a family to feed?

What a silly statement.

The NL will be a result for them. Much cheaper than the EFL

No ones children are hungry when your going for promotion......Funny that.

Looking forward to seeing some new grounds, especially as I think we will take quite a few away. To me football isn't about what league we play in. It's about meeting your mates for a beer, the fans, the banter. That doesnt go away. Does anyone think a wealdstone or billericay fan supports their club any less than a liverpool or man city fan? Its great when you get success on the pitch but it's not the be all and end all. It's easy to get wrapped and obsessed about promotion and winning trophies. That's just the icing on the cake. I'm just glad we still have a club, it could be worse ask a bury fan their take on it.

Money is one thing. I get people not able to afford it. I've been in that position. But looking at the fixture list and saying "nah I don't fancy watching that" just because of the standard of the opposition is another thing and makes you the definition of 'fairweather'.

With all respect to the clubs i'll mention, no different to this seasons fixture list?. Who gets excited when viewing the fixtures, & noting when Forest Green, Grimsby, Barrow, Newport, Scunthorpe & Carlisle are playing down here?.

Fairweather fan here then. Not missed a season in 43yrs watching the Blues. Not looking forward to non league in the slightest, probably won't go.
Take care mate, let the passion shine through and maybe one day the sun will shine and the sky will be blue.

We will be there home and away, we support Southend United, not what league they are in. SOUTHEND TIL WE DIE

Away games only for me. Not a penny more in Ron Martin's sweaty palms. He has no interest in Southend United or football only in making££££ from Fossetts Farm. Stop him in his tracks and hopefully we can start again.
This is a huge point for me. At what point do we as fans say enough is enough? There is a protest organised yet the overwhelming majority here (small survey population granted) are already committing their support/custom for next season without any visible change as yet. I find that staggering.

I really hope we see significant change quickly in the way our club is being run so we can have genuine cause for optimism next campaign, not just blind faith and devotion because that devotion sadly is to Ron as it stands even if we think it’s to our club.

I'm keeping my powder dry, until I know what the outcome regarding ownership, structure and admission and season prices.Following SUFC for sixty eight years,Ive never been so dejected
about the club.My thoughts are that "Dodgy Ron" will still be in place, trying to pull the wool over supporters eyes.I take no pleasure in mentioning, that I said at the AGM twenty years ago, that property developers and football clubs are not a good match ! An ensuing discussion with John Main,at which he thought there was not any problem with the situation !! my oh! my, what a s*** state we find ourselves in. As for Ron mentioning that he will take monies as and when, when Fossetts is built, is ludicrous.Stated with the first zoom call.He must think supporters are stupid.No,Ron,you will have to entice many supporters back somehow.

This is a huge point for me. At what point do we as fans say enough is enough? There is a protest organised yet the overwhelming majority here (small survey population granted) are already committing their support/custom for next season without any visible change as yet. I find that staggering.

I really hope we see significant change quickly in the way our club is being run so we can have genuine cause for optimism next campaign, not just blind faith and devotion because that devotion sadly is to Ron as it stands even if we think it’s to our club.

Unfortunately, when passion for your club courses through your veins, blind faith and devotion go with the territory.

I don't think boycotts are off the table at all, but it's a nuclear last option for me, and I'd rather see how things unfold this summer before deciding whether I think I'm there yet.

Back