• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufc_dave

Manager
Working at a local solicitors in the Wills & Probate department, I've been surprised by the vast amount of people who died without making a Will.

A little bit morbid I know, but how many of you have got one in place? Most of the time I get people saying they never got around to doing it.

You could leave some money for your mates to go on a bender like this bloke....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-32592057

I haven't got one and again just have never got round to it, I should really especially with my job and having been to Afghanistan. The military will give me one for free too, just been lazy or it has slipped my mind. Best actually look into it because it's a very serious thing.

My wife and I have one which we had done about 20 years ago. Really weird putting together a document which deals with your death, but far better than the chaos that can ensue if you die intestate.

I haven't got one and again just have never got round to it, I should really especially with my job and having been to Afghanistan. The military will give me one for free too, just been lazy or it has slipped my mind. Best actually look into it because it's a very serious thing.

You're best getting it done ASAP Ricey. Seen it time and time again, (hopefully nothing was to happen but if it ever did) it causes a lot of headaches for the family more than anything.

My wife and I have one which we had done about 20 years ago. Really weird putting together a document which deals with your death, but far better than the chaos that can ensue if you die intestate.

Yeah, people find it strange but definitely worth having it in place. You're right about the chaos it can cause. Always try and review it every 5 years though.

Never got round to it, however fbm has convinced me that we must, so will be doing so very soon.

If you have assets: cash or property; it's a must. If you have either of these and no specified wishes it can be a nightmare.

For the relatively inexpensive cost, you could potentially save your beneificries a small fortune.

I have one, but needs to get it changed as I have moved house and the mortgage is in a different name.

Working at a local solicitors in the Wills & Probate department, I've been surprised by the vast amount of people who died without making a Will.

A little bit morbid I know, but how many of you have got one in place? Most of the time I get people saying they never got around to doing it.

Having a brother and a dad who are both lawyers you would expect me to have one wouldn't you? Well, I have, and so has my wife. That said, it took us until about a year ago to finally get it completed.

Completely agree. It wasn't a pleasant thing to do, but I am really please we have.

From the grave?

FBM is our resident will expert here if anyone wants to get one sorted.

I haven't made a will because the intestacy rules will suffice for me.

We sorted ours out when kids came along as heard it can cause massive problems if you dont have one and anything happens to you both .

I cant believe anyone middle aged onwards wouldnt have one.

The late great Keithie (Gus) Summers left his mates £1,000 which was spent on "Keithie Summers Memorial Away Games". Basically train and match tickets were bought but we bought our own beer. The first one was Notts County with 16 of us making the journey, and later Northampton, Grimsby, Bournemouth, MK Dons. When the first grand was spent another grand was donated.

Wonderful memories thanks to a great bloke.

also useful at the same time as making a will to draw up the lasting power of attorney forms for your kids when/if you become gaga. Much easier to do it now then when it happens.

Back