• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2017

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Thread to talk about this year's Championships.

With a polite request that people who do not like the sport **** off out of here and don't waste everyone's time by posting on here saying how they hate tennis/Andy Murray/grass/life/Robinson's fruit barley.

Thread to talk about this year's Championships.

With a polite request that people who do not like the sport **** off out of here and don't waste everyone's time by posting on here saying how they hate tennis/Andy Murray/grass/life/Robinson's fruit barley.

Someone I went to junior school with starred in an advert for Robinson. He actually had to win a tournament to appear in the ad.

Ok I'll start prediction with Murray and Konta

Andy sadly loses in semi final

Johanna loses in round three

Really hope they take the title though, be great for Andy to be like Perry in the modern era, and Konta would be a great boost for women's tennis

An odd year with Murray going out of Queens in the first. I'd love to say he'll win it, but my money is on Feds again.

Most open singles tournaments for ages. I think Murray will fall just short and have a sneaky feeling for a Nadal/Federer final.

Would love to see Kvitova regain her title after her recent troubles. (PS can't believe her first Wimbledon win was as long as six years ago. Feels so recent!)

Ok I'll start prediction with Murray and Konta

Andy sadly loses in semi final

Johanna loses in round three

Really hope they take the title though, be great for Andy to be like Perry in the modern era, and Konta would be a great boost for women's tennis

He better not do. I've got mens' semi final tickets! As for Jo, she's never been past the 2nd round, but I think this year will be different.

Could have been worse Londonblue, I could of said quarter final defeat :hilarious:

Indeed. Given his form this season I may well not be seeing him play, but let's hope for the best. Either way, mens' semis will be great fun.

I have a feeling we will Not see a brit in week two of the singles ...

Which was the norm for so long of course! I know Henman never won it, but he certainly did well for a long time and then Murray pretty much took straight over from him. Let's hope we haven't got more barren years ahead.

Which was the norm for so long of course! I know Henman never won it, but he certainly did well for a long time and then Murray pretty much took straight over from him. Let's hope we haven't got more barren years ahead.

Don't forget Rudeski.

Sadly I think once Sir AM retires, it's back to the wilderness years. There's nobody coming through that can push into the top 10. I guess we need to make the most of the next 3/4 years.

Don't forget Rudeski.

Sadly I think once Sir AM retires, it's back to the wilderness years. There's nobody coming through that can push into the top 10. I guess we need to make the most of the next 3/4 years.

I looked at Greg's record and was surprised to see he only ever made the quarters once; seemed like more, but then we'd been fed on a diet of occasional 3rd round appearances by Jeremy Bates so maybe his (relative) success felt greater!

Kyle Edmund is decent enough and Dan Evans is clearly talented but unfortunately is also a ********.

You're spot on - let's enjoy Murray while we still can!

Good to see a big screen up in the centre of Hammersmith today showing the tennis. Plenty folk stopping to watch it too.

Don't forget Rudeski.

Aljaz Bedene is a good prospect if he doesn't go back to being a Slovak again, he has a lot of talent

We moved into our new office a month ago and was told we'd have a TV in the kitchen area. "perfect timing for wimbledon" I said.

Well the TV is here but it's still in the box and according to the office manager there's no idea who's responsibility it is for setting it up.

I might come in one evening with some tools and just stick it up on the wall. #priorities

Back