• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2018

MK Shrimper

Striker
Is it just me, or is there a definite shrug of shoulders regarding Wimbledon this year? Possibly due to the euphoria of the World Cup, maybe due to no Murray and the rest getting no further than Rd 3 (it's like the time before Henman!). One of the usual 3 will no doubt win it, but ultimately....who cares? Not me, not this year.

The lesser Murray is in the mixed double semi finals.

I have to also admit I haven't watched a single game so far, and probably wont do if i'm honest.

Just like the WC, far too predictable to be entertaining.

You predicted one of Isner and Anderson would be in the Wimbledon final and that Germany would crash out in the group stages and Croatia would make the final? If not I'm struggling to see how either can be called predictable this year.

You predicted one of Isner and Anderson would be in the Wimbledon final and that Germany would crash out in the group stages and Croatia would make the final? If not I'm struggling to see how either can be called predictable this year.
It was meant to be witty BTW!! Irony they call it.

Isner now in the 1st & 2nd longest games in history @ SW17.

Shame that they're dull as ditchwater.

Isner now in the 1st & 2nd longest games in history @ SW17.

Shame that they're dull as ditchwater.
I think even the greats would be playing boring tennis at this point, they must both be exhausted. Surely a rule needs to come in saying that if a match goes on this long the players can go off and come back refreshed tomorrow, because neither of them will have the energy to get a break.

Edit: I jinxed it.

Last edited:
I think even the greats would be playing boring tennis at this point, they must both be exhausted. Surely a rule needs to come in saying that if a match goes on this long the players can go off and come back refreshed tomorrow, because neither of them will have the energy to get a break.

Listening to MacEnroe, he says after Isner's last epic match, the powers that be should have brought in a rule change. When it gets to 12-12 in the final set then you play a breaker. Makes sense to me.

Saying that Anderson has just broken.....and over! 26-24. Crazy.

Last edited:
Back