• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2022

Anyone see Kyrgios and Tubb yesterday? Great performance from our last. Kyrgios acting his usual 🔔 end self! Attitude during gathering game amd press conference was totally unprofessional and lacking class/etiquette and respect. The guy has issues ...
I personally think NK is a complete idiot, and don't have any time for him. But I watched the final set yesterday and could see the abuse the guy in the crowd was giving him. What I don't understand is why he wasn't either thrown out, or at least asked to leave the court. No-one should have to deal with that.

And this issue of him spitting at said guy in the crowd. I saw it, he did. But, he was pretty much in the middle of the court. What he really did was vaguely spit in the guy's direction with 0% chance of hitting him.

If NK has to apologise I'd like to see the other guy be forced to do the same.

I personally think NK is a complete idiot, and don't have any time for him. But I watched the final set yesterday and could see the abuse the guy in the crowd was giving him. What I don't understand is why he wasn't either thrown out, or at least asked to leave the court. No-one should have to deal with that.

And this issue of him spitting at the guy in the crowd. I saw it, he did. But, he was pretty much in the middle of the court. What he really did was vaguely spit in the guy's direction with 0% chance of hitting him.

If NK has to apologise I'd like to see the other guy be forced to do the same.
I like NK, just because I find it entertaining, I do however also like his style of tennis, it's different.

He shouldn't need to apologise, and the person in the crowd should have been removed, being sarcastically clapped after you miss a serve by hitting the net - which by the way is the most common thing you can do in tennis, we saw it last night PLENTY of times between Serena and Tan - he's obviously going to lose concentration, which is exactly why everyone is silent in the first place.

I don’t know if this has been covered anywhere, but is everyone aware that Ryan Peniston is Southend born and bred?

It's like I'm on ignore.....

They're expanding Wimbledon over the next few years, they're using the land over the road (car park field), it will be huge when it's finished.

Emma was dreadful, how in the hell did she win the US open. So many unforced errors by Emma, she looks a totally different player.

Emma was dreadful, how in the hell did she win the US open. So many unforced errors by Emma, she looks a totally different player.

Yeah have to agree. There were flashes but on the whole outplayed by Garcia. Still a teenager so plenty of time left yet.

Her record has been terrible since that US Open win, I don’t think she has progressed past the 2nd round of any tournament since. I always found it strange that her coach was sacked after the US Open win, surely he must’ve been a part of the success she had then.

Didn't watch Emma's match as I was at work then driving home, it's a shame but I'm not surprised, was the US open just a fluke? Has the pressure gotten to her? She was hyped up an aggressive amount but I do hope to see her bounce back, getting to the 2nd Round of Wimbledon is an achievement for someone of her age.

Her record has been terrible since that US Open win, I don’t think she has progressed past the 2nd round of any tournament since. I always found it strange that her coach was sacked after the US Open win, surely he must’ve been a part of the success she had then.
Her coach at the US open was an interim coach that had been there less than 2 months after the previous one left (not sure if she sacked him or if he quit) and was hired on a short term contract whilst she searched for someone better, I doubt he had much to do with her winning the US Open. Whatever happened with the coach before him though I think she'd do well to ask if he's interesting in coaching her again because he's probably the one that had her playing good tennis (she made the 4th round of Wimbledon under him before pulling out with an injury).

Isner playing extremely well, over 1000 aces at Wimbledon alone is absurd

Didn't watch Emma's match as I was at work then driving home, it's a shame but I'm not surprised, was the US open just a fluke? Has the pressure gotten to her? She was hyped up an aggressive amount but I do hope to see her bounce back, getting to the 2nd Round of Wimbledon is an achievement for someone of her age.

It was a fluke, she'll never win a grand slam again.

Murray get his mojo in this match, needs to not allow Isner to just dominate games over and over again

Back