• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wimbledon 2022

Great win by Norrie. Two Brits in the last 16 and potential for another two tomorrow. When you have the likes of Emma and Murray go out early and you still have good tennis players, British tennis is in a good place right now.

I have to say, to all the things Kyrgios moans at, a lot of the things in this match he has a point for, and has the right to argue.

Something doesn't seem right the officiating here.

Last edited:
I am absolutely loving this, the fact Kyrgios is the least controversial person in this match is amazing 🤣🤣 Tsitsipas has lost it here

I have to say, to all the things Kyrgios moans at, a lot of the things in this match he has a point for, and has the right to argue.

Something doesn't seem right the officiating here.
Normally disagree with him ... but he had a point in this match.

Normally disagree with him ... but he had a point in this match.
He really did, he has his moments where I'm like yeah okay shush now Nick, but a lot of times in that match, he was just correct, and if the umpire is not going to follow the rules in the book, then what's the point?

He does need to tone it down a bit, he can still do it, but he has potential to be a multi-grand-slam winner.

Why are they playing on a Sunday? I was expecting Watson to play tomorrow, lucky I checked to see what time and she's playing today.

Norrie just won his quarter final after being 2 sets down.

Only 4th british man in the modern open era to reach the semi final at Wimbledon.

Interestingly he is the 9th seed, shows how far british tennis has come

Wow Norrie in the Semi finals.... I actually didn't think he played that well, it's his fitness which is impressive.

Norrie's had quite an easy run so far, every round has been against an unseeded player (aside from Tommy Paul, who was the No 30 seed), hopefully he can put up a good fight against Djokovic.

Norrie's had quite an easy run so far, every round has been against an unseeded player (aside from Tommy Paul, who was the No 30 seed), hopefully he can put up a good fight against Djokovic.

I don't take much notice of seedings these days (Emma). Besides, wasn't Goofin number 5 in the World before his injury?

I don't expect Norrie to beat Djokovic, but with his fitness, I think he'll make it hard work for him.

Norrie played better the last two rounds, he didn't play that well today and still got through.

What ever happens, it's another Brit on the tennis map, so happy day's :)

Last edited:
I was at Wimbledon yesterday and was standing in a queue and saw Diana Ross trying to push in . I said to her '' you can't hurry love , you'll just have to wait ''

But seriously though I am one of her biggest fans . I've got a portrait of Diana that I want to hang above my door but its proving difficult as there ain't no mounting high enough ...

Rybakina technically becomes the first Kazakhstani grand slam semifinalist, I say technically because she's Russian and even after switching allegiance to Kazakhstan in 2018 (because they offered her more funding) she still lives and trains in Moscow.

Oddly there actually has been a Kazakhstan-born tennis player in a grand slam semi final before, Elena Likhovtseva, but she chose to switch allegiance from Kazakhstan to Russia when she was a teenager.

Shock news to report from the Championships today . Robinsons and Wimbledon have ended their 86 year old relationship . The break up was described as cordial .
Robinsons have now decided to sponsor the England Squash Championship in 2023 .

Back