• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Just wondering what people think regarding the result tonight. We have spent the past few weeks saying 'today is a must win game' etc. Well now we have finally dropped out of the play off places we really can not afford anymore mistakes. Unfortunately however, it is very difficult to see an end to the slump. If we lose tonight and results tomorrow go against us and looking at the fixtures it is very likely then realistically it is going to take a monumental run to save our season. Therefore do you agree that this is finally 'A MUST WIN GAME'?

I think that mentally tonight is a must win game, rather than a must win for our playoff hopes. Lose tonight and these players heads will drop even further with it being in front of the cameras I fear. Of course this could also work both ways. Win and maybe, just maybe, we will go on some sort of run until the end of the season.

You never really get a must win game until its either win or mathematically impossible to qualify, but you have to say that if we dont win today then that will make it very hard considering we have to play the likes of Rochdale/Fleetwood/Burton in our last 7 games.

If we lost tonight then Oxford would be 9 points clear so only 7th place to play for with two teams 2 points ahead and a game in hand.

Is the scenario of losing tonight and brown getting sacked in the morning a possibility???? Im not arguing for or against it just have a feeling it could happen.

Is the scenario of losing tonight and brown getting sacked in the morning a possibility???? Im not arguing for or against it just have a feeling it could happen.

Ron seems to like having someone already lined up to take over like he did when sacking Tilson and Sturrock. Honestly who could or would he have lined up unless he was looking internal such as Coughlan.

Ron seems to like having someone already lined up to take over like he did when sacking Tilson and Sturrock. Honestly who could or would he have lined up unless he was looking internal such as Coughlan.

Haven't seen Chrissy Powell say anything since he was sacked.Just saying like.:smile:

Only takes one call to a certain chris powell agent type person at around 10pm tonight.......hee hee. I get ya point though.....ricky duncan??????

Haven't seen Chrissy Powell say anything since he was sacked.Just saying like.:smile:

Only takes one call to a certain chris powell agent type person at around 10pm tonight.......hee hee. I get ya point though.....ricky duncan??????

How did I forget about the legend Sir Chrissy Powell. I agree it has been quiet maybe Ron got straight on the phone and said I may have something for you.

In my personal opinion whatever the result I think Brown will stay in charge, I think he has 2 seasons with us to get us promoted. Unless he leaves by his own choice I think we will still have him as our manager next season whether we are league one or two.

As for play offs this is a massive game and we must win it to stay in touch, another draw or loss and it's drifting further out of reach.

Come one Southend!!!!

Duncan is a good call or Devonshire!,However Phil and his staff are still in the mix and yet could still make the play off.

But

Even if we make the PO and fail to win promotion wonder how Ron will see it..That's another story.

Do not think Phil Brown will be sacked, if he is part of the 'most expensive managerial team' in the league, if we have the money to sack him then where is the money to sign better players.... It just won't happen. I know Ron Martin has got rid of several, last time on form like this with Rob Newman, when we lost 2-0 at home to swansea and everyone wanting him out, i believe same could happen if Ron Martin has the balls.

However if Brown does go, we could get Ricky Duncan as manager and Maher in as U18's youth manager.

Duncan is a good call or Devonshire!,However Phil and his staff are still in the mix and yet could still make the play off.

But

Even if we make the PO and fail to win promotion wonder how Ron will see it..That's another story.

Devonshire has done a great job with very limited resources. ...

Dave Penney?.....

Devonshire has done a great job with very limited resources. ...

Devo has done a brilliant job at Braintree who in reality are a village team with gates of 500,How he has kept them mid table in that league is miracles of the highest order,He knows the non league scene inside out and I think he would do very well here under tight budget.

Devo has done a brilliant job at Braintree who in reality are a village team with gates of 500,How he has kept them mid table in that league is miracles of the highest order,He knows the non league scene inside out and I think he would do very well here under tight budget.

100% agree, if PB does get sacked then he would be my first choice.

Back