• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PNEMEDIA

Hi There
With our game against Southend fast approaching our thoughts are turning to producing our match programme for the game.

This season PNE media are looking to involve the fans, both home and away, as much as possible in the publication and that is where you message board members may be able to help us out.

Rather than producing the same standard old pen pics which get read in every programme at every ground you visit we want you fans to provide us with your opinions on your players.

We aren't asking you to criticise members of your squad in any way at all, we want you to tell us who your best players are.

There are five main categories. We'd like you to tell us which Southend player fits that category and why.

The categories are as follows...

The Icon - This player is the undisputed star of the team, the player that all opposition teams must fear.

Teacher's Pet - The manager's favourite player, the one who can do no wrong and always seems to be in the team.

Hardnut - The hardman enforcer, might pick up a lot of cards but would give his all for the cause.

Mr Consistency - This player will never let the side down. He's always there when it matters whatever the weather.

Wonderkid - This kid will be an international superstar in five years time. He'll take your team to the top or be sold for massive profits.

Everyone who gets a contribution published will get a mention in the programme and the fan that comes up with the best answers will win a pair of tickets for the game.

There are two ways you can respond, either by putting your reply in this thread or if you would prefer email me at media@pne.com putting Southend Player Profiles in the subject title. If you don't wish to be named in the match programme please indicate.

Many Thanks
PNE MEDIA

The Icon - Freddy I guess

Teacher's Pet - Maher

Hardnut - Macca

Mr Consistency - Flavs

Wonderkid - Mousa is closest I'd guess?

Wish I had time to add my reasons, but a wee bit busy today......

Foran is 26, so he's not really a wonderkid. Possibly macca although he is the hardnut!!
I'd say Fred, Maher, Macca, Gower/flavs, hammel/clarke/moussa.

On the moussa note, when he was warming up, and the south upper chanted moose (like spurs do for malbranque) his grin was enormous and he looked delighted.

Foran is 26, so he's not really a wonderkid. Possibly macca although he is the hardnut!!
I'd say Fred, Maher, Macca, Gower/flavs, hammel/clarke/moussa.

On the moussa note, when he was warming up, and the south upper chanted moose (like spurs do for malbranque) his grin was enormous and he looked delighted.

that was funny. he seemed very amused by that!!

He is going to be one phenomenal talent for us. Really classy player. Best player out of the academy for a while.

funnily none of us have mentioned hooper which is surprising considering how young he is and being compared to be the next freddy eastwood. even though he's on loan strange no ones mentioned him

Back