• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Windies v England

ESG

Manager
Yesterday for only the 2nd time in test cricket two brothers opened the bowling together in Fidel Edwards and Pedro Collins!

Who was the first
rock.gif

rock.gif

Hope you're pleased with yourself... this has bugged me all morning!!!

Answer: (Sir) Richard & Dayle Hadlee, who opened the bowling for New Zealand in the 3rd Test vs. Australia in Adelaide, January 1974.

Here's the scorecard

As it turns out, quite a few brothers have played test cricket (and I'm not counting brothers-in-law, e.g. Alec Stewart & Mark Butcher):

Wasim & Rameez Raja (Pak)
Steve & Mark Waugh (Aus)
Greg, Ian & Trevor Chappell (Aus)
Edward, Fred & WG Grace (Eng)
Pedro Collins & Tino Best (WI)
Andy Flower & Grant Flower (Zim)
Paul Strang & Bryan Strang (Zim)
Andy Whittall & Guy Whittall (Zim)

Another dull stat: the latter 4 all bowled during Pakistan's innings in the drawn 1st Test vs. Pakistan at Sheikhupura, 17-21 October 1996 - probably the only example of two pairs of brothers bowling in one innnings of a test match.

Phew, enough trivia for today.

Matt

Spot on MTS.

Pedro and Fidel's mum was a busy lady wasn't she ??  

Name the father and son who played test cricket in the same team then ?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yorkshire Blue @ April 02 2004,13:01)]Thats not Lance and Chris Cairns is it?
Ahh, Lance... whose job now is, officially:

Fudge Packer!

(OK, he runs a fudge factory; still very amusing from a puerile point of view)

biggrin.gif

Matt

Ok the old ones are the best it was........
......Miandad

Yes time for work otherwise i won't get to The Hall on time tonight.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 02 2004,13:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (lordlumpington @ April 02 2004,13:08)]Ok the old ones are the best it was........
......Miandad
That is shocking!!!

Matt
Matt,

I can't believe you hadn't heard that one
biggrin.gif

BB

Back