• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

How will the EFL react to this judgement? Maybe they will want to conduct an inquiry into the financial viability of the club in view of these deferrals?

I would not be surprised to see Oxley, Kelman, Lennon and others sold now.

Lucky to get interest from anyone now.
Oxley - Crap
Kelman - Unfit this season and looks to have gained some timber
Lennon - injured and injury prone

At what point do we start getting seriously punishment for this? Surely we can’t be far off getting a points deduction?

The Court seems to like ti when some effort is made to pay off a bit, Tends to be the case in other minor civil cases of debt, Maybe Ron can pay off £99,99 per month for the next 6 court hearings?
What a way to run a business Mr Chairman. Personally I feel physically sick........surely it's time to tell us the "fans" the truth........ !

This is horrible embargo is relegation for me didnt think it would happen but ron is slowly killing my love for the club while always a fan. I won't be watching while mm still has hands tied

Just such a weird thing to say. The club needs your support more than ever now, never understood this mindset.

You don't just give up supporting because we are experiencing adversity which loads of clubs go through every year. Spare a thought for Macclesfields fans.

If the transfer embargo remains then we're in serious trouble. Hard to justify rejecting bids for the likes of Kelman now, he won't be worth much if we're out of the football league.

Oh right, I thought someone mentioned that Macclesfield will be in administration now due to the winding up going through. Not sure how this works. How do we get the administrators in then?

Ron would need to place the club into administration... which he’s not going to do, because the club itself has no assets

Surely our season ticket money and Humphrys transfer could clear this now?

Or am I being optimistic

I imagine that's needed to keep the club running in the absence of cashflow!

I can't see the debt being paid until the financial restructuring is complete. The financial restructuring relies on an advance of cash from development partners involved with Fossett's. In the current climate they are very unlikely to release funds until something concrete happens with the stadium plans.

Reactions: GBJ
The Judge seemed to like our female representative, commenting shes normally here at these hearings, when at first it seemed she wasnt. Congrats to her for seemingly making a confident and positive relationship with his Lordship and it could have been worse, given his style and no nonsense take no prisoners approach to Macclesfield. He instantly agreed the adjournment without hesitation, which I suppose is one tiny shred of comfort

At what point do we start getting seriously punishment for this? Surely we can’t be far off getting a points deduction?
Are point deductions given for this sort of thing? Isn’t it only when a club goes into administration that a points deduction is given? (Aside from not paying players and fielding ineligible players)

I'll be honest. I've got to the point with Ron that I'd take administration a points deduction if it meant finding new owners who can actually Run a club.

Who is out there though? So many clubs have moaned about their owners, got a ‘decent’ new owner in and it’s been a million times worse.

Are point deductions given for this sort of thing? Isn’t it only when a club goes into administration that a points deduction is given? (Aside from not paying players and fielding ineligible players)

Surely having an embargo that goes over 2 different seasons must be on the list for points deduction?

How will the EFL react to this judgement? Maybe they will want to conduct an inquiry into the financial viability of the club in view of these deferrals?
Paying tax and paying other bills are two different things, hence they won't bat an eyelid over club tax deferrals. Always pay off the creditors who will send round the goons first, points deductions aren't on the same level as having your legs broken.

Back