• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

If we lose on Saturday I am hiding under the bed and not coming on here to look at the post match thread! ?

Well, there we go. At least we're still alive for a bit longer. How does Ron manage to keep us afloat when Macclesfield, in a similar situation, have just sunk....? He must be very persuasive.

Will someone move in for Kelman now, or wait until we are in administration I wonder? Will Ron be able to rustle up some readies from somewhere? Will he discover the war chest or get a chance to shake the government's money tree?

We have an important match against a very poor Carlisle side on Saturday. If MM can get our lads to secure a win there it will provide a large confidence boost for the next couple of matches. Some points on the board would be very useful now.
I think it shouldn't escape our notice, the difference in treatment between us and poor Macclesfield. I'm taking it that the judge is only going to allow more time if he is pretty sure that payment is going to be made. One can only assume he has that evidence in his hands. Of course, survival is one thing, how we manage as a club up to the new year is something completely different. MM has a HUGE task..............and that's if he stays? If we need more black humour............maybe Ron brought MM in because he is experienced in non-league and will be up for the fight when we're playing in the National League next season?

I get the hate for Ronald And his reprehensible actions towards debt, players and staff, As I feel it myself. The only thing I can see is that they are keeping us hanging with adjournments as there is a plan there and money for it to be paid and a way forward as a club. Where we will be and how it will all look when it does become available is anyone’s guess...

If the club was about to go bust would there seriously not be an investor looking to jump onboard? The council have guaranteed the future of the club, there is some serious amount of money to be made with this project. It's not in Ron's best interest to let that happen he will lose the x millions we owe his other companies and if he loses a % by letting an investor in it's better than sweet FA

Ron is stripping out the football side ... same as last time .. big money will be arriving with the developments moving forward (just like the 5m from Sainsburys)

I don't really worry about the big picture - SUFC is so asset rich its cannot go wrong -

its just horrible watching him destroy the football side and peoples careers with it.

If the club was about to go bust would there seriously not be an investor looking to jump onboard? The council have guaranteed the future of the club, there is some serious amount of money to be made with this project. It's not in Ron's best interest to let that happen he will lose the x millions we owe his other companies and if he loses a % by letting an investor in it's better than sweet FA
This is a great point. If all we need is time, to get the planning approved, then surely it's in Ron's interest to get an investor on board, fund the survival of the club in L2, rather than hoping to get planning permission for a 21,000 seater for the National League?

That's been done before. It's called Darlington. It's not gone too well for them.

I get the hate for Ronald And his reprehensible actions towards debt, players and staff, As I feel it myself. The only thing I can see is that they are keeping us hanging with adjournments as there is a plan there and money for it to be paid and a way forward as a club. Where we will be and how it will all look when it does become available is anyone’s guess...

Well he said he was refinancing etc after the last one and it would be fine, so that didn't happen.

I think it shouldn't escape our notice, the difference in treatment between us and poor Macclesfield. I'm taking it that the judge is only going to allow more time if he is pretty sure that payment is going to be made. One can only assume he has that evidence in his hands. Of course, survival is one thing, how we manage as a club up to the new year is something completely different. MM has a HUGE task..............and that's if he stays? If we need more black humour............maybe Ron brought MM in because he is experienced in non-league and will be up for the fight when we're playing in the National League next season?
Macclesfield had applied for 12 adjournments of the 2019 petition. Looks like the judge just ran out of patience with their prevarication. Maybe Martin has a bit of wriggle room left if he continues to make token payments before FF finally goes ahead?

Perhaps a plan, or sheer desperation to keep alive the golden pension dream? The constant financial gymnastics to try and keep things afloat until he can get the planning permission and then sell out for a tidy profit (most likely to another property) and the club continues to be a side-show to enable multi-million pound property deals to be facilitated.

It's all well and good the potential of him paying the debt off by the 28th October 2020 however the embargo will remain until at least that date meaning we have to continue to play with our current squad who simply put are not good enough.

We have 8 league games between now and then without being able to add to the squad. That right there could be the difference between staying up or going down.

Mind you, I think relegation might be the least of our worries for now...

Back