• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

I have it from a very good source that the debt will be paid this time round.
Very good to hear and what has been intimated before. Suspect it will simply be announced as dismissed. If Ron does decide to throw in the towel I hope he wasn't watching our players on Saturday for inspiration as they literally are incapable of throwing a ball.

Another adjournemount would be devastating. You'd be looking at November for the next hearing. It HAS to be paid or we will go down. It's as simple as that. No excuses.

I predict this will be the outcome though
I also fear you may be right. It would mean no real strengthening of the squad and even if was settled then (November), we'd only be able to bring loanees or players not registered with other clubs. Effectively the outcome would almost certainly lead to a similar first-half to the season as last year...............i.e. nailed on for relegation by January:Sad: Christ! Wednesday IS so important!

Is anyone planning on attending the hearing online so we can get a first hand account of what happens?

would we have season ticket money, Dru money, Humph money, advance from EFL? Bishop money? wouldnt this take us towards a good chunk or not? Any clues ? What about the ground and council statement itself as well ?

would we have season ticket money, Dru money, Humph money, advance from EFL? Bishop money? wouldnt this take us towards a good chunk or not? Any clues ? What about the ground and council statement itself as well ?

The ST and Hump money would nearly cover it although that would leave us very tight for the rest of the season. I reckon Ron has already cleared it and we will bring in maybe 5 new faces by the weekend (Akionla, the spurs youngster, Bridge, the Lincoln keeper and a centre mid), i'm not itk it's just something that could happen

The ST and Hump money would nearly cover it although that would leave us very tight for the rest of the season. I reckon Ron has already cleared it and we will bring in maybe 5 new faces by the weekend (Akionla, the spurs youngster, Bridge, the Lincoln keeper and a centre mid), i'm not itk it's just something that could happen

I think if we sign the Lincoln keeper we'll let Oxley go.

This limit to registered players thing, can you just unregister players if you make signings?

Even if it’s paid and the petition cleared, surely there is another 3 or 4 months HMRC money that should of been paid since this was raised. Has that been paid or are we just going to be back in court next month?
As of lockdown you can defer these payments so once the old debt is paid we should be fine.

As of lockdown you can defer these payments so once the old debt is paid we should be fine.

Thats correct for liabilities that became payable from around mid March but it’s highly likely that there will be sums payable on top of the debt for which the winding up order was issued its possible therefore that further sums will be due.

It is possible that HMRC will have made application to add further debts. Whilst of course HMRC will want their money there comes a point where they will take the view it’s better to stop further liabilities accruing.

Back