• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Order Wednesday

Pro-Ronnies are very quiet....

I'm not sure there are any "Pro-Ronnies".

However, there are the "Look we know it's not perfect but he's kept us afloat for 20 plus years and has pumped millions into the club during which time we've had good and bad and at least he's not like the Oystens at Blackpool or those horrendous owners in charge of Coventry so let's stick with it because there is no credible alternative out there and at least we're not in Administration plus our interests align with his so if we can get through this and get the new long promised stadium then things will change for the better" Ronnies.

Which is where I and most people who don't believe he is the anti-Christ sit.

I'm not sure there are any "Pro-Ronnies".

However, there are the "Look we know it's not perfect but he's kept us afloat for 20 plus years and has pumped millions into the club during which time we've had good and bad and at least he's not like the Oystens at Blackpool or those horrendous owners in charge of Coventry so let's stick with it because there is no credible alternative out there and at least we're not in Administration plus our interests align with his so if we can get through this and get the new long promised stadium then things will change for the better" Ronnies.

Which is where I and most people who don't believe he is the anti-Christ sit.
Quite right. And this 'Pro-Ronnie' nonsense is divisive, tribal and does absolutely nothing to help our football club or fanbase.

I can only see positives. Ron has paid some of the money. If he didn't care about the club why bother. If all went down the crapper he must surely be better off. FF would not have to pay out for a stadium and there would be masses more room for extra houses. Ron would be quids in and the council would love it. Despite those that bemoan Ron he is clearly doing all he can to get us to the promised land. He is a developer but at least he is attempting to make his money without totally ending the club.

People talk about how many winding up orders we have endured. Try adding up how much they total and Ron must have paid. That doesn't suggest he is a 'take the money and run' merchant.

Regardless of whether that is the case or not, pragmatically it's kinda irrelevant. Ron Martin's intentions are a secondary concern. The only thing that matter is does he have the ability to find half a million quid in six weeks and if he doesn't what is he, and what are we going to do about it.

Good piece on the Athletic touching on liquidation vs administration which may be relevant to us in six weeks time:

Administration is possible but somebody would have to agree to funding that process, as it involves taking full control of the club. It is hard to see why the club's current owner Amar Alkadhi would agree to that, or how he could afford it, and HMRC has no interest in running insolvent companies.

So, fans will be praying that either an insolvency firm will take the job on, in the hope of making a profit on a successful sale, or someone with the means to buy the club now emerges in the coming days.

I have it on reasonably good authority that a statement from our glorious leader is being prepared....

REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Dr. Bakare Tunde, the cousin of Nigerian Astronaut, Air Force Major Abacha Tunde. He was the first African in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time. He is in good humor, but wants to come home.

In the 14-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $ 15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Lagos National Savings and Trust Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $ 3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access the his trust fund we need your assistance.

Consequently, my colleagues and I are willing to transfer the total amount to your account or subsequent disbursement, since we as civil servants are prohibited by the Code of Conduct Bureau (Civil Service Laws) from opening and/ or operating foreign accounts in our names.

Needless to say, the trust reposed on you at this juncture is enormous. In return, we have agreed to offer you 20 percent of the transferred sum, while 10 percent shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction. You will be mandated to remit the balance 70 percent to other accounts in due course.

I know we need the pennies but does appear we're in safe hands legally.

I see she was voted Player of the Month by Bolton Wanderers fans in March 2016. If Ms Stonehouse gets us through this we should vote her Player of the Year....

Right here's the plan, someone at the club ACCIDENTLY catches covid, all our future games are postponed til after the october deadline, then presto we can sign some players, with all the fixtures still to play...........simples

Can you name me three assets that SUFC have?

oh come on .. why do you treat me like I am stupid ??

EFL status

Playing contracts of professional footballers
(believe it or not ... any accountant will confirm these are an asset)

Brand name - 105 years old

Supporters Database - plus associated goodwill.

Control of an urban site of many acres (Roots Hall)

Control of a greenfield site FFarm

MASSIVE POTENTIAL

RM has a winning hand - the council cannot really do anything but co-operate or face 5k angry Shrimpers -

Its all Ok ..

If I was in charge it is true I would have leveraged out another million to keep my hero employed as manager .. But I think RM thought he would strip out the football side and go
minimalist until the storm has passed on many fronts ..

Forgive me for not wanting to scroll through pages of Ron rage, but has the failure to pay in full today resulted in an extension of the embargo? I haven’t yet seen an EFL statement or do we take this as a given ..

Well this sort of thing is exactly what he needs to clarify in his statement. Because without five or six new signings we're heading for a very embarrassing and miserable season.

Well this sort of thing is exactly what he needs to clarify in his statement. Because without five or six new signings we're heading for a very embarrassing and miserable season.
We are under embargo until we satisfy the Default Event- i.e. pay the HMRC debt in full. No body needs to extend anything. Nothing has changed (including the embargo).

I wonder if Ron is surprised by today's outcome? Reports would suggest not, although it does seem strange that MM would have been given the go ahead to line-up signings--the midfielder, Akinola and the Spurs forward-- if RM didn't expect the amount to be paid in full and the embargo lifted? Something seems to be amiss here.

I wonder if Ron is surprised by today's outcome? Reports would suggest not, although it does seem strange that MM would have been given the go ahead to line-up signings--the midfielder, Akinola and the Spurs forward-- if RM didn't expect the amount to be paid in full and the embargo lifted? Something seems to be amiss here.
There's obviously some (limited) loophole as we signed Green (was that loan?). I'm not aware of the rules of embargo, but is it something to do with age/squad size/never registered as pro in EFL or something that allows us to register a player that meets certain criteria?

EFL status

MASSIVE POTENTIAL

RM has a winning hand - the council cannot really do anything but co-operate or face 5k angry Shrimpers -

Its all Ok ..

If I was in charge it is true I would have leveraged out another million to keep my hero employed as manager .. But I think RM thought he would strip out the football side and go

I’m not treating you like you’re stupid, I’m asking you a question.

Southend United don’t own Roots Hall, or FF, or B&L

Who are the players Registered to? Southend United Football Club, SEL, or another one of Ron’s companies?

Brand name? Supporters database? EFL Status? Yeah ok mate, “assets” ???

EFL status

MASSIVE POTENTIAL

Its all Ok ..

We were founded in 1906 so i make it 114 years old?

Back