• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Oh no, not again.

http://www.london-gazette.co.uk/issues/59702/pages/2832

Publication Date: Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Notice Code: 2450
Petitions to Wind Up (Companies)
In the High Court of Justice (Chancery Division)
Companies Court No 786 of 2011

In the Matter of SOUTHEND UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED (THE)
(Company Number 00089767)

And in the Matter of the Insolvency Act 1986

A Petition to wind up the above-named Company, Registration Number 00089767, of Torrington House, 47 Holywell Hill, St Albans, Hertfordshire AL1 1HD, presented on 2 February 2011 by the Commissioners for HM Revenue and Customs, of Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, claiming to be Creditors of the Company, will be heard at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL, on 16 March 2011, at 1030 hours (or as soon thereafter as the Petition can be heard).
Any persons intending to appear on the hearing of the Petition (whether to support or oppose it) must give notice of intention to do so to the Petitioners or to their Solicitor in accordance with Rule 4.16 by 1600 hours on 15 March 2011.

The Petitioners’ Solicitor is the Solicitor to HM Revenue and Customs, Solicitor’s Office, South West Wing, Bush House, Strand, London WC2B 4RD, telephone 020 7438 4205 020 7438 4205
(Ref SLR 837705/37.)

16 February 2011.

(370)

Last edited:
Completely fed up. Despite assurances this would not happen this season it has. New owner required asap, preferably one that pays their bills and keeps their word.

The Echo informed me of this tonight...Thanks to Lee for sorting the details....So all is well once more in Ronaldworld.

Well, as it's HMRC Tinks, I would guess unpaid taxes again.

What a ****ing joke.

Jeez, how much more of this can we all take. In all the years i have been attending RH (and that is many I might add) I have never known things to be so negative, even during the era of Johnson etc

FFS..... be interesting to see how Ron gets out of this one. Particularly with MD in the same boat.

Which I guess could mean we are under an embargo again.

Would explain the lack of signings at the end of the transfer window and indeed the loan window thus far.

FFS..... be interesting to see how Ron gets out of this one. Particularly with MD in the same boat.

I actually commend you for having so much faith over this whole fiasco..,you are a better man than I.

Would explain the lack of signings at the end of the transfer window and indeed the loan window thus far.

The Umbongo has been in place for days since certain players were not paid.

I thought we were assured a few days ago that everything was fine, and taxes were being paid on a regularler basis? So does it mean were told untruths??? As others say we must again be under an embargo for transfers so no wonder we did not do more signings. Come on RW and TB give us an honest situation report.

Does anyone have any idea of the amount of money involved here?

16th march at 10.30 is the time both Southend united and Martin Dawn appear in court. Both injunctions have been taken out by HM customs. They would appear to be taking a keen interest in Rons business

Given HMRC's new stance, I take it this can only be a months worth of unpaid taxes?

Neither here nor there.

We were told our tax liabilities were being met on time (20th?) every month.

Where is the Sainsbury's money, that we were told would enable us to do so this season?

I actually commend you for having so much faith over this whole fiasco..,you are a better man than I.

What faith? I've always thought that we're ****ed financially, that a lot of that was down to mistakes made by the Club under this owner and the last, that FF was the one lifeline that we had but I've always doubted Ron's ability to get us there. I think a football club is likely to fold very soon and sadly there's a decent chance it's the one that I've spent 20 years supporting.

I just think that a lot of the criticism that RM gets comes off as people wanting to punish him for making mistakes that they would have also made and that Chairmen up and down the country have made in the past and continue to make going forward. It's rarely rooted in the harsh reality of our situation. If someone came on here and read through any of the countless threads about our lack of money they'd get the impression that Ron Martin is some kind of leach ******* the money out of the Club and that the days he leaves we'll all be fine again.

Maybe he is and maybe we will. Having gone through the numbers myself I think there's an underlying problem with Southend United FC as a business which goes way beyond Ron Martin.

I have no allegiance to Ron Martin. I've never met the bloke, I've never spoken to the bloke. If someone else comes in tomorrow and can pay the bills then I'd be as happy as anyone. I just wouldn't expect that to be a magical solution to all of our problems.

Fossetts Farms is still the right move, IMO. If today's move gets us there more quickly then that is good enough for me. I don't think it'll happen but I'd be delighted to be proven wrong.

It's an automatic embargo now, isn't it?

Back