• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

Storm in a tea cup. Standard Ron practise and nothing to worry about.

Good old Ron, he could peel an orange in his pocket whilst wearing a boxing glove.

Just checked and the full current form is shown below

Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs

08/12/2009 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

16/02/2011 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

18/02/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

22/03/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

21/05/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

03/07/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

18/07/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

28/08/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

18/03/2015 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

07/04/2015 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

06/02/2019 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Forth Coming Fixture

Head to Head record

Southend United Wins: 10
Draws: 0
HM Revenue and Customs Wins: 0

<CHANTS> "Can we play you every week!"

on second thoughts... maybe not

Just a curious question for all.

Lets say RM paid of the debts, ignore the FF thing and don't get too serious about it. How much would it cost to buy out SUFC, it's assets and the land in today's current climate.

Ball point figure ?

Lets say RM paid of the debts, ignore the FF thing and don't get too serious about it. How much would it cost to buy out SUFC, it's assets and the land in today's current climate.

Ball point figure ?

The club and the stadium are worth sweet FA. The RH site has planning for close to 500 homes so a rough guess would be £25/30m

Ball point figure ?
Not a lot, if/when RM waves the book debts (17m approx) to his other companies, the assets of the club has remaining are virtually zero.

The club (Southend United Football Club Ltd) do not own Roots Hall. Fossetts Farm, or Boots & Laces and have not done for years.

I was wondering what we had in the way of assett's. I know the land is not ours. So along with the debts, no assett's, we are in a very dire situation if RM can't stump up for HMRC.
My point is, they can't keep paying off large sums like this, at some point they could and will come unstuck

Best thing we can do is give Sunderland 7,500 tickets for the final game and say they are £20.00 each, advance purchase now!

Great idea. I doubt they can afford a ticket and transport so they can start walking now.

I was wondering what we had in the way of assett's. I know the land is not ours. So along with the debts, no assett's, we are in a very dire situation if RM can't stump up for HMRC.
My point is, they can't keep paying off large sums like this, at some point they could and will come unstuck

The player contracts belong to the club.

The matchday revenue and other retail sales are controlled by RM's company and ploughed back in to pay the player/staff wages.

The land also belongs to him, but can't be sold without a stadium in place, as per Rgisby's post above.

That's my understanding.

So, without the stadium built, the club and land are worthless.

Great idea. I doubt they can afford a ticket and transport so they can start walking now.

LOL .. Too true.

Of course, all the hoteliers in the town will be salivating at the extra revenue, as well!

It's a win-win!

As a small business owner I have found that HMRC like to wind people up but they don't like it so much when you turn up on their doorstep with a weapon improvised from a pool cue handle and offer to sort things out man to man

If I was Ron I would get some boys together and take a stroll up Victoria Avenue.

Ron needs to keep the club running and alive as it his vehicle to to enable the Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall Developments to proceed (Subject to Planning Permission being granted). Once this happens, Ron will be able to take the substantial profit from all the development and walk away with his money he has invested over the years plus a nice retirement nest egg.

Once that happens, what he does with the club is anyone's guess.

Ron needs to keep the club running and alive as it his vehicle to to enable the Fossetts Farm and Roots Hall Developments to proceed (Subject to Planning Permission being granted). Once this happens, Ron will be able to take the substantial profit from all the development and walk away with his money he has invested over the years plus a nice retirement nest egg.

Once that happens, what he does with the club is anyone's guess.

Personally if he has his nest egg and SUFC have sufficient non matchday income to supplement the football income and avoid annual debts and repeated cash injections , I would rather RM/MD stay as owners.

Any sale opens up the prospect of someone wanting to make money out of the club, or making investments which have been leveraged against the club .

If we end up , at the end of this , not self sufficient ( in debt or not) , I cant see us lasting long

Just checked and the full current form is shown below

Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs

08/12/2009 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

16/02/2011 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

18/02/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

22/03/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

21/05/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

03/07/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

18/07/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

28/08/2013 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

18/03/2015 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

07/04/2015 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Southend United Win

06/02/2019 Southend United v HM Revenue and Customs = Forth Coming Fixture

Head to Head record

Southend United Wins: 10
Draws: 0
HM Revenue and Customs Wins: 0
I've tweeted this with credit to you and SZ and it's gone down a storm! Great work!

Is Ron really going to make any money from a housing development on Roots Hall? Let's say all the figures that have been stated are in the ball park... There's £17m of debt he will [hopefully] write off. The planning for 500 homes is worth £25 to £30m... I don't know how much it costs be build that many homes, but it's got to be cutting it close to the lower end of that estimate.

I bet when he took over - much like Barry Hearn did at Leyton Orient - Ron thought it would be so much easier. Just move the club on to brown belt land and you're quids in... 20 years down the line and it could all be for nothing [or less than nothing]

Back