• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

I've tweeted this with credit to you and SZ and it's gone down a storm! Great work!

Cleverly done ................. but I'm sorry, the idea that not paying taxes, getting a winding up order, going to court, paying taxes plus costs plus penalties in some way constitutes a "win" is fatuous in the extreme.

Cleverly done ................. but I'm sorry, the idea that not paying taxes, getting a winding up order, going to court, paying taxes plus costs plus penalties in some way constitutes a "win" is fatuous in the extreme.

Lighten up Mick, even refs are allowed to enjoy a joke sometimes!

I've said it before, but in the lower leagues a decent cup run is vital to managing budgets and the ability to bring in players etc.The Checkertrade is not as good as a later stage FA Cup run for example, but if you get to a final the chance to produce and sell your own merchandise is very attractive, which I am sure was behind the Chairman's angst in the week.

The TV money for the forthcoming SKY Portsmouth game I am sure is eagerly awaited, it would be a blow should Portsmouth still be in the cup..

Also only one game at home between the Xmas and New year period probably had a negative effect as did the confusion over ifollow for the Gills match particularly with the away following.

I've said it before, but in the lower leagues a decent cup run is vital to managing budgets and the ability to bring in players etc.The Checkertrade is not as good as a later stage FA Cup run for example, but if you get to a final the chance to produce and sell your own merchandise is very attractive, which I am sure was behind the Chairman's angst in the week.

The TV money for the forthcoming SKY Portsmouth game I am sure is eagerly awaited, it would be a blow should Portsmouth still be in the cup..

Also only one game at home between the Xmas and New year period probably had a negative effect as did the confusion over ifollow for the Gills match particularly with the away following.

The winding up order was issued a couple of weeks before xmas
Home games on Nov 17 , 27th and December 1st (although two of them were FA Cup) and a win bonus for the 2nd round of the FA Cup , all before the order was issued on Dec 13th

I went to court with the late [irate] Ian for one of our "winding ups", Risdale, the Cardiff chairman sat behind me waiting for their turn. We where sitting behind the table where the briefs of the wound up companies were put. Once your brief is placed on this table, your company is finished, now non-existent. It is not a win, it is not a football match. The clerk of the court deliberated for a few minutes, this seemed like 90 mins. We survived, there was no smiling or having fun like going to a football match. Not paying your debts is not about winning you always have to pay or you are finished.……have had better days out.

I saw an old Toyota Corolla pull onto Ron's drive the other day.

If he was driving it we are knackered.

Last edited:
Isn’t it about time the Echo showed some journalistic integrity & featured this problem?

Isn’t it about time the Echo showed some journalistic integrity & featured this problem?

Thank you. That's the first time I've seen "Echo" and "journalistic integrity" in the same sentence.

Back