• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

I still hope we have our own “Tony Bloom” moment. Brighton were homeless, in dire financial straits and a local boy done good steps in and buys the club and the rest is history. Come on Alison Moyet - be a bigger legend than you are and buy off this Victorian snake oil salesman

We have had her reply to us on that subject before.

alision moyet.PNG

Alison's great but I think we need a wealthier celebrity........ surely Keef Richards wouldn't notice putting in £25 million....?

These things are never done and dusted on the day, adjournments are normal so don't be surprised if this drags on 2-3 months.

They are normally. Our other visits on the whole have ended in the petition "Dismissed" on the day.

Today as we were in 2009, we were one step away from a winding up order being served and receivers being appointed to Liquidate. That's the reality.

And this is why people have been wary of Ron for 10+ years. The writing has been on the wall for a long time.

We now have six weeks to somehow pay off our debts (which I personally believe are greater than anyone actually realises) and also lay out our plans for funding this club, moving forward.

We are as close to the end, as we could possibly get. We need a small miracle. We need major investment, and I don’t believe that buying & selling pieces of land, is going to be enough to save us.

Still, Ron puts £200k of his own money into this club every month, remember? He just needs to make the usual trip to the vault, and make a slightly bigger withdrawal than usual, right?

And this is why people have been wary of Ron for 10+ years. The writing has been on the wall for a long time.

We now have six weeks to somehow pay off our debts (which I personally believe are greater than anyone actually realises) and also lay out our plans for funding this club, moving forward.

We are as close to the end, as we could possibly get. We need a small miracle. We need major investment, and I don’t believe that buying & selling pieces of land, is going to be enough to save us.

Still, Ron puts £200k of his own money into this club every month, remember? He just needs to make the usual trip to the vault, and make a slightly bigger withdrawal than usual, right?

SEVEN figures for sure. He's even admitted they are running at LEAST a month behind with tax obligations. With more payments and petitions stacked up ready to go behind the current one.

Special mention also for the staff in particular and players now approaching 6 weeks since their last pay packet. Absolutely awful for them.

It just can’t continue like this......... it’s only a matter of time now... the reality of it has really hit home.... I think we need a miracle ...

Think this is only a ‘Stay of Execution’. The court will be give RM every opportunity to pay the outstanding to firstly repay HMRC, however this is likely to be the last.
It is reasonably possible that another creditor could take over the petition even if the HMRC is settled.
i fully expect further Winding up applications in the near future, even if we survive this.
Very worrying times.

Alison's great but I think we need a wealthier celebrity........ surely Keef Richards wouldn't notice putting in £25 million....?
I doubt £25 million would be anywhere near the money required , double that might be closer AND for that sort of money high in the pyramid clubs are out there.

According to the write up on this on the BBC website the EFL have a deadline of March 26 to impose penalties on clubs in the current season. Presumably the adjournment until April now means that points deductions that might arise from the misconduct charges will apply next season, which will jeopardise our chances of surviving in L2.

According to the write up on this on the BBC website the EFL have a deadline of March 26 to impose penalties on clubs in the current season. Presumably the adjournment until April now means that points deductions that might arise from the misconduct charges will apply next season, which will jeopardise our chances of surviving in L2.

This write up?

Link

Not really. He's probably still not completed the deal he's been working on. In a month's time that will be done and dusted and the money paid, hence the adjournment.

Nothing is ever simple with Ron. Things always take longer than expected.
Finally someone talking sensibly. Some people are getting over excited on here.

Back