• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

Update

HRMC v Southend United Head to Head
HRMC v Southend United 08/12/2009 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 16/02/2011 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 18/02/2013 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 21/05/2013 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 18/07/2013 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 18/03/2015 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 26/07/2019 SUFC (Ron) paid Partition Dismissed, SUFC Win
HRMC v Southend United 16/10/2019 TBA
Right who's up for standing outside the court singing "can we play you every week" ?

I know it doesn’t come as a shock to most of us anymore but surely it won’t make us an attractive option for recruiting a manager?

We know it has to be paid - what's the point of delaying? It doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it?

It will be a cash flow thing, I think. Just a guess but that’s all I can come up with to try to justify it

It can't be justified - whether or not Mr Martin thinks it's a reasonable approach, given that the vast majority of other clubs have not had a single court appearance in their histories, it is blindingly obvious that it is him that this the problem rather than HMRC - anyone that can't see that is frankly delusional!

It can't be justified - whether or not Mr Martin thinks it's a reasonable approach, given that the vast majority of other clubs have not had a single court appearance in their histories, it is blindingly obvious that it is him that this the problem rather than HMRC - anyone that can't see that is frankly delusional!

I’m not sure anyone has suggested otherwise. All that has been said refers solely to the fact that this keeps failing in court.

I’m not sure anyone has suggested otherwise. All that has been said refers solely to the fact that this keeps failing in court.

I think you miss the point - the fact that it doesn't result in a "winding-up" (thankfully) isn't a defeat for HMRC, its method to ensure payment which has, thus far, been forthcoming just in time. IF however Ron's "delaying strategy" fails (either by further incompetence or bad luck) then he really is dicing with the clubs future.

Just consider if for some unforeseen reason the finance ready and waiting to be paid are suddenly "inaccessible" (given the myriad of companies that layer the money and the poor financial health of some this isn't that inconceivable) during the run up to the winding-up hearing, the sitting judge wouldn't be unreasonable in looking at the head-to-head record and seeing how frequently things have been taken into extra time and decided to show a red card.

I think you miss the point - the fact that it doesn't result in a "winding-up" (thankfully) isn't a defeat for HMRC, its method to ensure payment which has, thus far, been forthcoming just in time. IF however Ron's "delaying strategy" fails (either by further incompetence or bad luck) then he really is dicing with the clubs future.

Just consider if for some unforeseen reason the finance ready and waiting to be paid are suddenly "inaccessible" (given the myriad of companies that layer the money and the poor financial health of some this isn't that inconceivable) during the run up to the winding-up hearing, the sitting judge wouldn't be unreasonable in looking at the head-to-head record and seeing how frequently things have been taken into extra time and decided to show a red card.

I haven’t missed that point, I completely agree it’s not good or desirable from Ron and comes with risks. I’ve said so time and again. I was making a different point about the cost of these regular and avoidable court visits.

Presumably there's a financial penalty for late payment at a daily rate quite apart from the issue of court costs and that quickly mounts up if it extends into months.

I haven’t missed that point, I completely agree it’s not good or desirable from Ron and comes with risks. I’ve said so time and again. I was making a different point about the cost of these regular and avoidable court visits.
Agree entirely HMRC must be getting fed up with us using them as an overdraft facility. Not a whisper in the Echo I see.

So we would have received circa:

1 million + on season card sales
1.7 million from the league and tv rights
About 200k from sponsorship
About 500k from the sale of Dru

How are not able to pay out bills. We hardly signed world beaters and got the likes of kightly and Turner of the wage bill.

Presumably there's a financial penalty for late payment at a daily rate quite apart from the issue of court costs and that quickly mounts up if it extends into months.

There is, based on % usually depending on lateness. Although that might be corporation tax now I think

How are not able to pay out bills. We hardly signed world beaters and got the likes of kightly and Turner of the wage bill.

You took the words right out of my mouth.Holidays are expensive you know.

And the players are doing their bit by not collecting a win bonus / clean sheet bonus

Back