• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Winding Up Petitions

Oh dear, HM Revenue and Customs again. :Frustrated:

Winding up order will be heard on 6th February 2019 at 10:30 hours.

Any announcement/petition about the new stadium is swiftly followed/preceded by something like this.

The number of times we have been here, paid up just before the due date and then moved on. I suppose eventually we will get to a point where we can't pay, but I really don't think it will be this time.

Why not just pay the bill on time? It's hardly a surprise, the accountant(s) will know it's due.

nothing obvious for the delay in payment of tax, it wasn't like we had a cash flow issue due to no home games for 3 weeks .

It would seem that the bank of Ron is running dry, and I don't suppose the lower gates and lack of cup run is helping matters.

hopefully its a timing matter and its all been resoved in the 3 weeks since the Order was presented

Nothing unusual in this as we have been here many times and most likely they will pay up prior to the hearing as per always.
Seems like the new stadium and all it brings is priority for the club.
No wonder he was pushing for support and signatures at the last home game

The rumours of money problems have been bubbling for a few months. It might be settled, very likely to be, BUT it is VERY BAD news.

Exactly this.

We always hit cashflow problems about now, hence bringing forward that Sheffield United match the other season to 3rd Round day and Ron's valuing of the CheckATrade Trophy match at Luton.

The cash tonight and maybe the win bonus could be a lifeline.

I think that maybe was also as much to do with the groundsman sacking a couple of years back and the desperation to get that Bolton match on, though I'm not suggesting that for one minute.

Last edited:
Tax man not being payed
Players not being fully payed
Now I hear the caterers haven't been payed. Forget onion rings you might not get any burgers in your burger.

The rumours of money problems have been bubbling for a few months. It might be settled, very likely to be, BUT it is VERY BAD news.
Totally agree. It brings into question and the credibility of not only short term financing but also long term ones.

I own 500 shares.

Do I get to claim anything if HMRC shut us down?

I quite fancy the massive CRT TV and Fiorentina flage from the East Stand bar.

I own 500 shares.

Do I get to claim anything if HMRC shut us down?

I quite fancy the massive CRT TV and Fiorentina flage from the East Stand bar.

Creditors get paid, not shareholders, until there are either no beans left to divide up or all the debts have been paid. As you’ve picked two of the only saleable assets the club has I’d say you’ll be disappointed.

Back