• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We're not in the Premiership (yet...) and we're pretty much out of the FA Cup before round 3 so shouldn't affect Southend too much at all.

We're not in the Premiership (yet...) and we're pretty much out of the FA Cup before round 3 so shouldn't affect Southend too much at all.

"A two-week winter break will be enforced in the Premier League and English Football League as of next season, the Football Association has announced. "

And no doubt the Premiership clubs will take the chance to jet across to Asia in order to play some highly profitable matches during those two weeks thus nullifying the idea........

And no doubt the Premiership clubs will take the chance to jet across to Asia in order to play some highly profitable matches during those two weeks thus nullifying the idea........

That was my worry but in the article it states that there will be strict rules to prevent that. It must be a 2 week player break.

It's only actually a 1 week break as they are playing 5 games on each of the 2 weekends. No midweek matches though so I guess that does make it more of a break.

Doesn't seem to be worth all of the hassle in my opinion. And this break doesn't extend into the football league, just the PL.

"A two-week winter break will be enforced in the Premier League and English Football League as of next season, the Football Association has announced. "

The article has since removed mention of the Football League. I'll move the thread.

Back