• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wireless Internet...

So, I got my Laptop back from the repair shop today and he had taken all my programs off of it becuase they were all messed up. This morning I installed a driver to allow my Belkin USB adaptor to work which it did, then when I plug in the USB it finds the network but gets stuck at "Acquiring Network Address" and then does nothing for ages.

My mums laptop is online all successfully and shizz.

Any help?

turn it off and on again!

Seriously, check things such as, if you have MAC filtering on your router, that your laptop is still being accepted.

All wireless problems I've had tend to be in relation to a security setting

turn it off and on again!

Seriously, check things such as, if you have MAC filtering on your router, that your laptop is still being accepted.

All wireless problems I've had tend to be in relation to a security setting

Also, check that the windows firewall is not turned on!!

Mrs AS has just acquired a Laptop and i want to link it to the home PC so she can log on to the tinternet on it.......how easy is that to do??

It came with a Belkin Wireless G Notebook Network card??

Mrs AS has just acquired a Laptop and i want to link it to the home PC so she can log on to the tinternet on it.......how easy is that to do??

It came with a Belkin Wireless G Notebook Network card??

Should be able to scan available wireless networks.When you find yours, add the SSID and technically it should pick it up.

So, I got my Laptop back from the repair shop today and he had taken all my programs off of it becuase they were all messed up. This morning I installed a driver to allow my Belkin USB adaptor to work which it did, then when I plug in the USB it finds the network but gets stuck at "Acquiring Network Address" and then does nothing for ages.

Any help?

Got the same problem with our school's wireless network, which the network manager is currently trying to sort - will let you know how they fix it if you still haven't sorted it by then.

Any help?

If hes taken all your programs off, did you add back in any WEP or WPA security key and did you do it correctly?

I have had problems before when one laptop would work and the other wouldnt. A reboot of the laptop not working or even the router was required to get both working again.

I don't think that it is Dave.....so i will need a wireless modem? what does a router do?

As you can tell, i am a real novice PC person

Think modems are olden days stuff.....;)

Go for a Wireless Broadband Router. Get one off the internet pretty easy. I have BT total broadband so I got one with that package. See if you ISP is offering a new one which is wireless...especially if they hear the words, I am thinking of cancelling...shhhhhhh ;)

Think modems are olden days stuff.....;)

Go for a Wireless Broadband Router. Get one off the internet pretty easy. I have BT total broadband so I got one with that package. See if you ISP is offering a new one which is wireless...especially if they hear the words, I am thinking of cancelling...shhhhhhh ;)

What he said!!

Back