• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Wiring Advice

proof that it now works

Clever old me

:clap:

n689425473_1566819_1356.jpg

Hope that metalwork is earthed properly mate!

I'll have you know that my hair is extremely unstatic-like at the moment as I have spent a fortune at the hairdressers today and it is sitting nicely ironed flat. It feels very strange and I have this stupid bit at the front which insists on falling into my eye all the time!

I'll have you know that my hair is extremely unstatic-like at the moment as I have spent a fortune at the hairdressers today and it is sitting nicely ironed flat. It feels very strange and I have this stupid bit at the front which insists on falling into my eye all the time!

:offtopic:

:p

:offtopic:

:p

Not really, there was a picture of a little girl whose hair was supposed to look like she'd had an electric shock I assume, but was actually due to static.

Besides it demonstrates exactly what use I would be in a scenario such as this! I make no bones about it, I CAN change a lightbulb (well, usually, there's a couple I have trouble with!) but I CAN'T wire a plug - and I was crap at physics at school!

Tested it with a volt meter and there was no reading what so ever

Er, it's when the metalwork becomes live under fault conditions mate! You need to do a continuity test or megger between the light socket and your consumer unit/dis board!

But if you connected the yellow/green wires together I'm sure everything is hunky dory!

Not really, there was a picture of a little girl whose hair was supposed to look like she'd had an electric shock I assume, but was actually due to static.

Besides it demonstrates exactly what use I would be in a scenario such as this! I make no bones about it, I CAN change a lightbulb (well, usually, there's a couple I have trouble with!) but I CAN'T wire a plug - and I was crap at physics at school!

You really do not want to see what else i have got to do in the dinning room then....no way i will have it done by Friday :(

Er, it's when the metalwork becomes live under fault conditions mate! You need to do a continuity test or megger between the light socket and your consumer unit/dis board!

But if you connected the yellow/green wires together I'm sure everything is hunky dory!

I did what you told me to do and earthed the fitting to the household earth

Dave, you don't want to see my house full stop! When I can work out exactly what money is available I will be getting someone in to come and sort out everything that needs doing - from the mess left by a leaky damp proof course on the old back wall (and now an internal one), which has been left as bare plaster for 6 years or so, to the hole in the cloakroom roof caused by a leak in the bathroom above 2 years ago, to artex removal, to kitchen replacement (2 doors missing and a broken oven) to sorting out flippin' wireless internet so I don't have millions of cables all over my house! And breathe.

Dave, you don't want to see my house full stop! When I can work out exactly what money is available I will be getting someone in to come and sort out everything that needs doing - from the mess left by a leaky damp proof course on the old back wall (and now an internal one), which has been left as bare plaster for 6 years or so, to the hole in the cloakroom roof caused by a leak in the bathroom above 2 years ago, to artex removal, to kitchen replacement (2 doors missing and a broken oven) to sorting out flippin' wireless internet so I don't have millions of cables all over my house! And breathe.

That's a piece of wee! Want a wireless router?

Our house is over 200 years old Kay, so you can imagine that a simple bit of decorating has turned in to rebuilding parts of the wall and skirting as well as plenty of plastering

:(

Back