• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Woking 0-2 Southend United

I emailed Woking to ask what was there reason for the Stewarding we all experienced on Saturday.There response was to apologise for the inconvenience and forward my comments onto the safety officer.They also said that they are a friendly club and thank me for giving them my negative match day experience.
Frankly I didnt expect anything else in response but felt I should tell them my views

I emailed Woking to ask what was there reason for the Stewarding we all experienced on Saturday.There response was to apologise for the inconvenience and forward my comments onto the safety officer.They also said that they are a friendly club and thank me for giving them my negative match day experience.
Frankly I didnt expect anything else in response but felt I should tell them my views
Good for you! This is where someone like CP should step in and press the point asking the questions on here.

I didn’t go Saturday but I recall walking straight in for the televised 3.2 win a couple of seasons ago without them even checking my ticket…. Quite the shift in security

A few of my friends were at York Hall for title fight a couple of weeks ago and had the same nonsense with security. After being pated down one of them turned round to find a female security actually counting his money from his wallet.....Caused bit of a dispute and then much later on several security tried it on with a false racism accusation. Luckily some off duty Met stepped in and warned security who backed down.

Having waited in line on Saturday while those in front were meticulously searched I was a bit taken aback to be just nodded through. I’m still not sure how to take it ! Some strange kind of profiling I guess.

Got rid of most of their subs about 4 years ago. I used to do a few subbing shifts there. Same reason the Echo only has 1 sports reporter. People aren't buying papers.
The west London patch where I was sports editor had THREE papers.
It now has none.
It's believed one of the contributing factors to the Grenfell disaster was the lack of a local reporter.
Had there been one, the shortcomings at council meetings would have been exposed earlier.
Online and social media are all well and good, but it's wrecked thorough local news and sports coverage.

The west London patch where I was sports editor had THREE papers.
It now has none.
It's believed one of the contributing factors to the Grenfell disaster was the lack of a local reporter.
Had there been one, the shortcomings at council meetings would have been exposed earlier.
Online and social media are all well and good, but it's wrecked thorough local news and sports coverage.
When I left the industry in 2014 the decline was already irreversible. Now look where we are. In fairness, the newspaper industry was incredibly slow to act and should have moved to more creative subscription models well before they did. I live out of area but subscribe to the Echo's online coverage for a fiver a month. Price of a beer.

But it's too late unfortunately. It's a death spiral now. No quality because there are no resources, so nobody buys them...

And people wonder why no scandals are picked up, why there are no investigations into power, why biased influencers on social media are able to dictate the news agenda.

Back