• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CyrilSneer

Winger
Apologies for adding this here, I couldn't find anywhere else.Im Sure there used to be a section for Southend You tube videos. Anyway, one from the archives, just managed to work out how to convert VHS to my laptop so apologies for the quality. How young does Jeff Stelling look. I managed to get on the pitch after we scored (black Southend hat). Probably would have got a life sentence these days :winking:

[video=youtube_share;b18qfUIG5UY]http://youtu.be/b18qfUIG5UY[/video]

What memories Cyril - still one of my favourite EVER Blues away days. Great scenes of celebration, can't believe that was 16 years ago :blush:

Yes Jay, you were still a little pup then. The next few seasons we were pretty much regulars on the coach for away games, and hardly saw a win. Which is why this was such a good day. It was also the day that rascal hooligan wannabe Maverick announced himself and nearly got us in all sorts of trouble. Luckily help was on hand.

Ha Ha, yes the memories - the final few years of great game dying as we knew it and the last few years of 'real football' at the likes of the Vetch Field, Millmoor, Boothferry Park etc etc

I remember when an away draw was celebrated and the odd win on foreign teritory was almost unheard of, but as you said, when they came around, boy was they special.

Also those were the days when opinions were shared in the pubs/coaches/trains and we knew much less about the players and their habits. I definatly miss those days when we were all fans and not thinking we were all football experts behind a computer!!!

Just glad I got those few final years in before even the lower league sides started building souless shiny plastic all seated stands and started sinning third rate foreigners.....come to think of it N'diaye, Belsvik, Henriksen spring to mind :whistling:

P.S Cracking work digging out that footage mate - I can remember that game like it was a few months ago

UTB

Ive actually got the 1-1 draw at Boothferry park during torrential rain. About 20 of us braved the terrace, including me and you, and got thrown out when Bazza Conlon scored. Its from ITV and really bad quality so I doubt it will transfer but I'll try. You can see briefly see myself and Simon I think his name was(a real Yorkshire Blue) getting grabbed by the steward ready for ejection

My first ever away game if I remember rightly. Didn't it heave down with torrential rain on the way there? I remember saying to my mate Martin (who is the one responsible for me starting to follow southend!), 'he'll never score from there!' when we got that free kick!

Ive actually got the 1-1 draw at Boothferry park during torrential rain. About 20 of us braved the terrace, including me and you, and got thrown out when Bazza Conlon scored. Its from ITV and really bad quality so I doubt it will transfer but I'll try. You can see briefly see myself and Simon I think his name was(a real Yorkshire Blue) getting grabbed by the steward ready for ejection

Have you got that slide tackle Rob Newman did on Mark Hateley from about 30 yards away?

ps Si's the real Yorkshire Blue. I'm a mere imposter.

Great away day loved that one . Thanks for uploading. The fa cup still had magic back then

I was there too, remember getting soaked and the stand to the left of us being completely closed due to being unsafe. If I remember rightly we actually played fairly well and should of won, had tons of chances before the equaliser. Please put that on YouTube.

I remember sitting on the coach on the way home in just my boxers and I was soaked through - 15-20 of us on the soaked terrace got a good mention on BBC Essex.

Wasn't there a Sainsbury's at the back of our tiny terrace? I remember being a goal up and Mel Capleton playing IIRC

Mel made his debut! I was behind that goal, it was a Supermarket which slightly overhung the back of the terrace. Great times, even if the team was awful!

Nice to see some footage of the blues from when I first started to come to games! I think I only went to one that season though...5-3 win against Bournemouth.

Back